Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Stevens Scholars Program

Rom_2600Rom_2600 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
Just interested to see if anyone else is considering the Stevens Scholars Program (http://www.stevens.edu/undergrad/scholars.html). I know that if you get into it, you can take part in nice school sponsored internships(http://www.stevens.edu/ugrad_academics/scholars.htm). Haven't heard much about it though, anyone else know more about the program?
Post edited by Rom_2600 on

Replies to: Stevens Scholars Program

• seuferkseuferk Posts: 547Registered User Member
    do they contact you or do you have to apply?
  • ehiunnoehiunno Posts: 878Registered User Member
    both (10 char)
  • Rom_2600Rom_2600 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    After talking with the interviewer way back last summer, he said that he would recommend me for the Scholars Program. And I only had to write an essay recently(350-500 words on what I hope to gain by being part of the program) as part of the process in applying. So you have to be contacted and you have to apply. If you haven't been contacted yet about it, I suggest contacting them if you feel you should be in it.
    oh, ok, thanks so much :)
  • ehiunnoehiunno Posts: 878Registered User Member
    Rom, when did they contact you about the essay?
    Sometime last week, deadline next Monday.
    next monday as in ... the 12th?
    ja,the twelfth
    dang it.......
  • makshimmakshim Posts: 313Registered User Junior Member
    I was under the impression that nothing actually needs to be done to be a Stevens Scholar, just an SAT/Class Rank qualifier. Perhaps not even the class rank, as I did not meet that requirement but my interviewer told me I do qualify based on my SAT. I have not been contacted about an essay, so perhaps I did not qualify? Sorry for the confusing language, I hope I got my point through.
    Well I go to a competitive school that doesn't rank but my sat alone qualified me(I guess since they notified me without knowing class rank). I know some people e-mailed Stevens because they weren't notified and thought they would have a chance. It turns out that they were on the list but didn't get any notification and the process worked out for them.

So if you feel that you should be in it, e-mail them at admissions@stevens.edu
    and ask them if you can be considered for the Scholars Program.
  • ronpronp Posts: 163Registered User Junior Member
    best decision you can make is NOT goto Stevens.

Btw, I am a Stevens Scholar. If you do not get into the Scholars Program through admissions, you will receive an invitation second semester if you maintain a 3.8 your first semester.
    ronp, what are you focusing on as a Scholar? Are you going for an accelerated program or are you doing research? Also I doubt the "no life" part since NYC is 15 minutes away if you mean boredom with the school activities. Or perhaps you meant the school itself is hard?
    Just got accepted into the Scholars Program. So did several other people I know .
  • MaD_DolphinMaD_Dolphin Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    Is there any minimum test scores for the program? I get confused.Some guys told me the admission was based on GPA and test scores,while others said it was based on your first year GPA in the college .....