Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

CBYX 2017-2018

Replies to: CBYX 2017-2018

• liza22liza22 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @samakaziz I am from Texas! and you?
  • samakazizsamakaziz Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @liza22 California :)
  • Northstar16Northstar16 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    edited March 20
    I really hope everyone who is still waiting to here back makes it! Personally, I have absolutely no idea what to expect, but one can only hope for the best. I'm a wimp so I know I'm going to cry either way XD
  • cnm2019cnm2019 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 20
    Hi guys, I'm from the ASSE region and had my interview on February 25th in Longview, Washington. I know I'm joining this chat late, but I just found out that I'm a finalist today, and I'm so excited! Congrats to everyone else who found out that they're finalists, and to the alternates!
  • samakazizsamakaziz Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @cnm2019 congrats!!!
  • germaniscoolgermaniscool Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Congratulations! I think we might have been at the same interview! I am an alternate! @cnm2019
  • liza22liza22 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I asked the person that has been updating us from FLAG if they were announcing the finalists today and he said that they will in a few more days once they get approval from the department of state. I guess I had read the email wrong and got confused thinking that it was supposed to be today, the 20th, but today was actually the day they were originally going to announce it. I'm glad he replied so now we all know that they will announce it in a few more days. No specific date but hopefully this week!
  • gdb5253gdb5253 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    @germaniscool I'm an alternate too. I hope we'll both get to go!
  • cnm2019cnm2019 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks, @germaniscool, congrats on becoming an alternate, and congrats to you too @gdb5253 I hope that you both get the scholarship. At the interview, I was the one who went first for the individual interview, so I stuck around to talk to the other applicants for pretty much the entire morning until the group interview. Everyone seemed really impressive. :)
  • concertslothconcertsloth Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    @cnm2019 hey! I'm a finalist for ASSE as well! I'd love to get in contact with you! Do you have a facebook or instagram? My facebook is CassidyBeyer (From Maple Valley, WA) and my instagram is @ cassidy_beyer !
  • buckiebunbuckiebun Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 21
    Congrats to all the finalists and alternates! I'm in the AFS region, my interview was on January 28 in Baltimore. Has anyone from AFS heard anything? I was told 6-8 weeks after the interview, which would be any day now.
  • abigailwatsonabigailwatson Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    @buckiebun I'm in the AFS region and I had my interview Feb. 4th. We were told that they would announce the finalists mid April.
  • Northstar16Northstar16 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    @abigailwatson I hope you guys find out sooner than mid April! I'm with YFU but I heard that FLAG is announcing their results tonight. After FLAG, I think it will be CIEE and then you guys (AFS).
    I'm pretty sure YFU almost always finds out last, so if you guys will be finding out in mid April, we'd probably find out close to May *cries*

I REALLY hope that doesn't happen
  • nastywomannastywoman Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I am in AFS and I have heard nothing... I really hope that we find out soon because I want to know if I can commit to a college or not! I am a high school senior waiting for college admission letters and CBYX 8-|
  • Fangirl1999Fangirl1999 Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    @Northstar16 I think AFS found out first or second last year, so it really fluctuates