Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

CBYX 2017-2018

Replies to: CBYX 2017-2018

• GoBlue172000GoBlue172000 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey! I am a current junior. I am in the YFU region and just had my first interview! Is there a Facebook group?
  • tinrabbittinrabbit Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, I'm in the CIEE region. Can someone add me to the Facebook group?
  • YaisminYaismin Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Hello, I just got contacted by AFS, the interview for me is in February in NYC. Can't wait!!
  • Fangirl1999Fangirl1999 Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    @Yasmin where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm like 30-40 min from the city (although my interview is in Livingston, also in february)
  • YaisminYaismin Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    edited January 11
    @Fangirl1999 I live in Westchester county, approximately 30-40 minutes up North from the City.
  • nbent412nbent412 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    You already had your interview? I'm in YFU and I haven't had mine yet. They said that they were holding group interviews on the 28th, but then they had to cancel and just conduct individual interviews. I haven't been contacted yet, but should be soon.
  • HongdouMianbaoHongdouMianbao Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Geez, I'm so nervous about CIEE semis next week! I've been going through a few blogs but I don't want to get too invested. Still, it's that time in the school year when all the busy work starts taking its toll - I just want time to learn languages and write. Though I was apprehensive about taking a gap year at first, having all that time to discover more about the world sounds perfect.

Anyway, deferral requests for my college are due the same day semis come out, so I really need to know by 2/1 whether I might be going to Germany this fall. Sorry to rant on here, but I don't have any classmates applying. Good luck to everyone in the process.
  • shaila516shaila516 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I'm from the AFS region, and I just had my interview yesterday! Could someone please add me to the Facebook group?
  • ohanasunflowerohanasunflower Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Has anyone from ASSE region got their results/interviews yet?
  • tinrabbittinrabbit Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm in CIEE region and I just got the email that I didn't make it. :/
  • elisabethashtonelisabethashton Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    hey guys I just found out that I'm a semifinalist for cbyx ciee! who else is a semifinalist? Also message me if you want to be added to a facebook group for all cbyx applicants
  • gossamerstarsgossamerstars Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 31
    Hey @ohanasunflower , I am from the ASSE region and I just got notified today that I completed the application process and made it to the interviewing part.
  • ohanasunflowerohanasunflower Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
  • eat347eat347 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 31
    Hi! I'm from CIEE too and I am going to the interview in Atlanta, what about you? @elisabethashton
  • EmLe0599EmLe0599 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    CIEE too! @eat347 and @elisabethashton I found out yesterday and I've been so excited since then! I'll be interviewing at the Atlanta location and it would be great if we could connect somehow before then. I'm actually in Germany for a few weeks right now and and now that I'm a semi-finalist I'm looking at everything differently and buzzing with excitement!