Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

CBYX 2017-2018

Replies to: CBYX 2017-2018

• ml3251ml3251 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, my name is Matthew! I'm from South Dakota and I'm in the ASSE region. Can I be added to the Facebook group? Here's my account: https://m.****/matthew.leadabrand
  • eat347eat347 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    who all from CIEE is going to Atlanta? I'd love to get in contact!
  • Fangirl1999Fangirl1999 Registered User Posts: 335 Member
    @gdb5253 because of your privacy settings we need to be friends for me to add you! My FB name is Jaimie
    @nbent412 same goes for you
    @ml3251 @islandgirl99 let's just assume if you asked to be added to the FB chat, and you get a random friend request, then that's just me
  • adrianaschottadrianaschott Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys! I am from North Carolina and I am also a semi-finalist for the CIEE region! I will be attending the interview in Atlanta as well! SOOOO EXCITED!!! Also, can someone add me to the facebook group?
  • nbent412nbent412 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Does anyone know when YFU usually announced finalists?
  • ChelseamadrigalChelseamadrigal Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! I applied for this program and i'm in the FLAG region. Does anyone have the timeline that they go by for '17 to '18 year? Thank you!
  • eat347eat347 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @Chelseamadrigal
    CBYX 2017-18 Program Timeline
    Fall 2016: Application becomes available online
    December 2016 - January 2017: Applications are due (deadlines vary by implementing organization)
    January 2017 - March 2017: Regional organizations select Semi-Finalists
    February 2017 - April 2017: Interviews are conducted with Semi-Finalists
    March 2017 - April 2017: Finalists and Alternates are announced
    May 2017 - August 2017: Pre-departure preparation for all Finalists and Alternates
    July 2017 - September 2017: CBYX participants depart for Germany
    June 2018 - July 2018: CBYX participants return from Germany

It varies for each region, though. Last year they BEGAN notifying finalists (based on past threads):
    ASSE: 3/8 (last year, but the year before it was much later because of interview delays)
    FLAG: ~3/15
    AFS: ~3/7
    YFU: ~3/31
    CIEE: ~3/20

It's all subject to change though, especially because of timing of interviews and stuff. Plus, there wasn't much on the 2016-2017 thread so I mostly used 2015-2016. Best of luck to everyone! The end (or beginning?) is near :)
  • ChelseamadrigalChelseamadrigal Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you!
  • Gabe0406Gabe0406 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I'm a sophomore in High School and I'm going to have an interview in NYC in February (AFS). Can anyone send me an invite to the Facebook group? Best luck to everyone!
  • nbent412nbent412 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 8
    Thanks! The anticipation is killing me, I hope YFU announces earlier than 3/31. Based off some communication I've had with YFU Admissions, it actually looks like they should be done with interviews by the middle/end of the month at the latest. So hopefully not too long after that.
  • YaisminYaismin Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    @Gabe0406 I'm going to that interview as well, mine is this Saturday the 11th in the morning.
  • Gabe0406Gabe0406 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @Yasmin Same! I have mines at 9 o'clock; I can't believe it's only 2 days away!