Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Study abroad twice in Europe?

uneneufseptcinquneneufseptcinq Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have the space in my schedule to study abroad twice, and I am looking into Madrid and Manchester. I can't do a full school year, so I would have to do a calendar year. I am a marketing major, and my goal is to work in New York in the live music industry. It's a bit vague, but I've narrowed it down to that.

I am not sure how employers would see my decision to study abroad twice in Europe. I'm not sure if that's something I should consider, but I currently am. I know they're two different places, but they're both modern western cities. I'm not sure if I should try going somewhere else, such as Latin America or Asia (besides Europe). I want to go to Madrid because I want to improve my Spanish, and I'm drawn to the late nights / relaxed lifestyle. I want to go to Manchester, because I know it's a huge international music city, and it's also a student city. Additionally, it's cheaper than London. Overall, I want to see how others see the US, which I know I can get from both places. Unfortunately internships are not available in either places, so I would just be a student.

Replies to: Study abroad twice in Europe?