Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Gift - someone going abroad

bluechopsticksbluechopsticks Posts: 13Registered User New Member
edited January 2009 in Study Abroad
My roommate is going to Italy next semester and I want to give her something special/useful. Her boyfriend's already got her a travel guide and her co worker's already got her an airplane sleeping package.

She's really nervous but I know she'll have the time of her life there.
Any advice?
Post edited by bluechopsticks on

Replies to: Gift - someone going abroad

• ticklemepinkticklemepink Posts: 2,764Registered User Senior Member
    Hm, you could just put together a care package (maybe to send mid-semester) of things that Italy doesn't have the US does or just more expensive like peanut butter, some candies, chips, mac n cheese, your school's t-shirt, a book...
  • yawnyawn Posts: 2,141. Member
    Pok
  • bluechopsticksbluechopsticks Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    thanks yawn - much appreciated. go troll some other thread, jesus.

ticklemepinke, awesome. our school gear sound perfect. thanks :)
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 1,491Registered User Senior Member
    The last thing your friend wants is tons of useless stuff to weigh her luggage down when she is travelling. She doesn't know what she will miss/need from home until she gets there anyway. I would give her some Euros cash if it has to be something to take with her.
  • sarahmsarahm Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    I agree. Sending her a package mid-semester would be really appreciated, I'm sure! Otherwise, give her something small, like photographs or a small collage of fun stuff and times so she can remember home a little.
  • sarahmsarahm Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    I agree. Sending her a package mid-semester would be really appreciated, I'm sure! Otherwise, give her something small, like photographs or a small collage of fun stuff and times so she can remember home a little.