Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

About summer programs...

Dan2014Dan2014 Posts: 352Registered User Member
edited May 2011 in Summer Programs
I'm a freshman, going to be sophomore next year. I've read a few summer program threads and wondered if I could take classes at
My community college. I believe I can but do you know any who have as freshman? Is it too early for me to worry about it? Thank you in advance for the advice!
Post edited by Dan2014 on

Replies to: About summer programs...

• morpheus44morpheus44 Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
    Do it; it's not early at all; just he right time if not late
  • Dan2014Dan2014 Posts: 352Registered User Member
    Thanks so much! I'm just worried my mom won't allow me. And I obviously waited a little too long. I still have time to register so fingers crossed!
  • mnyawnmnyawn Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
    I began, during the summer after my freshman year, taking college classes at the university in my city (through a program called "Dual Enrollment"), and I am now a junior, going to be a senior, and I am STILL taking college classes! I will be graduating with my Associate of Arts degree next May, along with my high school diploma! Go for it!!! :D
  • Dan2014Dan2014 Posts: 352Registered User Member
    That's exactly what I want to do. Get some college credit early so I won't have to spend a lot of time on subjects that I could take early. That's so cool that you already have an associates! Te only problem is that my community college is small and has few classes. I do have a state university nearby but they may only take college age kids.