Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Notre Dame Summer Scholars Acceptances are out!!

boricuax7boricuax7 Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2013 in Summer Programs
I GOT ACCEPTED TO PRE-LAW! Who else got accepted to SS?!
Post edited by boricuax7 on

Replies to: Notre Dame Summer Scholars Acceptances are out!!

• cmarsindcmarsind Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    My daughter was accepted to ND SS for the Italian Studies course, "All Roads Lead to Rome." She's very excited!
  • boricuax7boricuax7 Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
    Congratulations! I'm still baffled I got in to the most competitive track I thought i was going to get in in my secondary choice ! Especially with my PSAT scores that were horrific! But nonetheless, my ECs and credentials are excellent!
  • volleyballer1volleyballer1 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    I was accepted to the psychology track!! I'm super excited and nervous!
    Congrats! I'm feeling the exact same way!! I hope I get to see you all there! Im just eager to know who got in the same track as me!
  • itsvitsv Posts: 890Registered User Member
    How did you find out? Did you get an email? log in someplace; letter? any info is appreciated.
    I got an email! But I live in Puerto Rico, maybe for people in the US get letters..Im really not sure, but you should check your email just in case! You should receive it in the email you created the application account
  • cmarsindcmarsind Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    My daughter got a package in the [snail] mail today. I thought it was a good sign that it was a package and not a letter. It's been a long wait since she applied in December! All of her summer plans were on hold waiting to hear back from ND.
    There you go Itsv, it depends where you live I guess.
  • Irishgirl1995Irishgirl1995 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    I got accepted too!! I got into my first choice track as well, being pre-med. It's all I can think about now!!! :D
    What were your scores and such?! Congratulations by the way!
    Thanks you too! And well I'm only a sophomore and so the only standardized test I had to send in was the explore test (the step before PLAN and PSAE) but I got a perfect score on that. And my grades are fair, I get As and Bs but all advanced classes. I'm just anxious to find someone else in the pre-med track tho!!
    Nicee, three of my friends got rejected to the Pre-Med track! Pre-Med and Pre-law are extremely competitive, and I'm the only one of my school that is going, Im like totally alone on this haha.
  • jambajojambajo Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    My D was accepted into the Brothers Karamazov track. She is very excited. Anyone else in this track?
    Haha I know exactly what u mean!! And ok this might seem like a strange question but what are you planning on bringing clothes wise..? Cuz I know ND is conservative and not that my wardrobe is skanky or whatever but I'm worries that my tank tops and shorts will be classified as "innapropriate" :/ lol
    They sent me the handbook through e-mail :), in the what to bring section:
    "Shorts, T-shirts, pair of jeans
    Sweater/Sweatshirt (for air-conditioned classrooms)
    Dress outfit (Button up shirt for males, summer dress or the like for females)
    One set of nice, business casual clothing for Chicago excursion One pair of business casual comfortable shoes
    One set of comfortable clothes (light workout clothes) Athletic/running shoes
    One piece swim suit or swim trunks"
    -so basically bring every type of clothing haha! But I know what You mean Notre Dame is strict because it is Catholic, and I know that because of my schools :s