Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
1262728293032»

Replies to: TASP 2015

• SmargentSmargent Registered User Posts: 242 Junior Member
    I'm a male.
  • pubkidpubkid Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    Rejected. Obviously disappointing but I don't feel too bad. Made my decision for the summer a lot easier! ;)
    A huge congratulations to everyone who was accepted — I hope you have an amazing experience... make the most of it!
  • drakonusdrakonus Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Hi guys! I have a question about TASP that hopefully you may all answer (didn't apply this year as I'm not a junior): TASP FAQ states that if you get accepted, you *must* attend the whole program, no coming late or leaving early. Is this strictly enforced? I have other extracurricular activities that I want to pursue, but the time coincides :(
  • MonaLonMonaLon Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I haven't even gone yet, but I really think that they do enforce it. You have to live on a university campus and depending on where you live you'll be states away from home. Plus, I'd imagine at a thing like TASP you can't really drop out of class for two days and come back expecting to be on top of things.
    @MonaLon Wow did you get accepted? Congrats!
    I meant perhaps attending later, not leaving in the middle and coming back; but I do see your point: TASP is so prestigious you would be out of your mind to not go the whole duration (oops).
  • PaleggPalegg Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    #DownWithMonaLon
  • MonaLonMonaLon Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    germane
    Dear previous TASPers: I plan on applying this year, and I just have a question about the timeline. I see that we are notified about interview status early march and a transcript/letter of recommendation is needed; when is the transcript/letter due? My school has a 3 week policy for letters of recommendation, and transcripts also take that long to process. I worry about there not being enough time.
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.