Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Google CSSI 2017

Replies to: Google CSSI 2017

• sprinklesprinkle Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    which locations did everyone do?
  • 11kysta11kysta Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    Any international applicants here?
  • buddy16buddy16 Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    Were we supposed to apply for a specific location? I just filled out the location thing they asked, which was the Google office closest to me and my address.
    You were supposed to select the office closest to you. Cambridge, in your case.
    Oh okay, I don't remember selecting anything but hopefully I did lol.
    I believe it was a required question. I also read somewhere on the site that selecting a location which is not the closest to yours might affect your application negatively.
  • 676339784676339784 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    @sprinkle Mountain View
  • Dartmouth_21Dartmouth_21 Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
    @11kysta funnily enough i am going to Penn, i made dartmouth my screen name when it was my first choice junior year :P too lazy to change it. I suppose i could put a penn picture, but that would be even more confusing.

in regards to CSSI, i dont think there are interviews this year. im surprised we will find out by mid april--so soon! i live in florida but i put that the atlanta office is the closest, even though it is like 24 hours away lol. i'd assume i am being considered for the boston session because it is closer than seattle

good luck everyone!! :)
  • SaharaDesertSaharaDesert Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @11kysta I'm an international applicant! From Canada :)>- how about anyone else?
    Also, @buddy16 I got the select the location closest, and distance in miles. They don't tell you to pick a location you want to go to.
  • selxx23selxx23 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    I applied for CSSI and the scholarship.. does anyone know how much the scholarship is though?
    @SaharaDesert cool! I'm from India. Seattle campus?
    @selxx23 I believe it's $25,000. They also give you different amounts based on how far your application was considered for the scholarship. Some got a thousand dollars and a few were shortlisted for a 10000 USD amount.
    @SaharaDesert Oh okay cool, thanks for confirming
  • SaharaDesertSaharaDesert Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @11kysta Hahah, yay, another foreigner! No, my closest campus was Pittsburg, actually. However, that is residential, so idk :P
    @buddy16 haha no problem!
  • SumbodyyyySumbodyyyy Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    International student here too! Did any of you get any emails that you completed the application or such? I didn't get anything like that
    @Sumbodyyyy I did receive an email once when my application was completed and again when my recommender submitted the recommendation. Which country, btw?