Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Google CSSI 2017

Replies to: Google CSSI 2017

• SaharaDesertSaharaDesert Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @profdad2021 Yup! Me and another friend who applied had that same error! But like @11kysta said, all that matters is the portal :D
  • selxx23selxx23 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    I got an email when I submitted my email & when the reference was complete, but as long as it says complete on the portal i don't think it matters.

also did anyone notice that the application only works on google chrome? for some reason i can't sign in on safari but once i use chrome it works... lol
  • profdad2021profdad2021 Registered User Posts: 377 Member
    Glad to hear it could just be a glitch that caused no confirmation email. I will post what we hear back from the email, if there's a reply. Those folks are probably busy!

Last year, scholarship winners got phone calls on April 8. I think cssi winners learned their fate less than 2 weeks later. Good luck everyone!
  • aromano31aromano31 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I applied to the NYC location!
  • absensfan24absensfan24 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone hear back/know the timeline as to when we will hear back...
  • NaijaKing21NaijaKing21 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I live in Texas so I put Atlanta on the app when I applied since it's "closest". Had no idea that there were only two residential locations. I have a feeling that that means those two locations will be the most selective since so many people dont live in driving distance to an hq. I'll keep the faith, really hoping I'm selected for the scholarship and program.
    My daughter got a reply to her email query about her application. She never got any email confirmation that it had been submitted. The reply indicated that if her application says "Complete" then it is fine. But no actual individual confirmation was provided in the email. And, she was told that they hoped to communicate final decisions by early May.
    @profdad2021 Darn! I hoped we would find out by mid April (because in one of their emails they say " All applicants will be notified by mid April."). I guess the volume of applicants increased even more this year.
    Thanks for emailing them - at least now we know.
    @NaijaKing21 SAME [-O< I feel even more scared cuz I'm an international applicant. Fingers crossed for everyone on this forum!
    I bet those who get the scholarship or CSSI will find out earlier. The rest probably will wait longer. Just my guess!
  • Dartmouth_21Dartmouth_21 Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    what experience does everyone have with CS?
    I think google wants a variety of experiences. My daughter has had two years of CS snd has done a few programming competitions.
    Yup! Three years CS, two years computer engineering/technology, robotics experience. How about everyone else?
  • uncreativenameuncreativename Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Three years of CS, multiple programming competitions, state programming champion
  • selxx23selxx23 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    two years of CS, girls who code, robotics, programming competitions
  • buddy16buddy16 Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    about two years of CS, Girls Who Code, and hackathons