Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

MIT Launch 2018

Tps237Tps237 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
Starting a MIT Launch thread for y'all next year. Launch '17 alum here. Hmu if you have any questions!

Replies to: MIT Launch 2018

• JKMSNJJKMSNJ Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    My S in sophomore year is planning to apply for 2018. but he has no experience running any business except that he attended a short entrepreneur summer camp and did an internship with a professor at a business school. any chance for him? thanks
  • Tps237Tps237 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Yes of course he has a chance. It is not a necessity to have started a buisness. You are right that a lot of people do, and thats good, but it is not required. Launch cares more about your initative, grit, determination, and perseverence. They want to see you push yourself outside of your comfort zone and take leadership in whatever opportunities he has. Good luck!
  • momofugumomofugu Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    When does registration open? And I can't access the website because of a "privacy error". Anyone know anything about that?
  • Larry21Larry21 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    The website has been updated
    http://www.launchx.com/
  • preciouscanoepreciouscanoe Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Is it just going to be Launch now? It seems like they're hosting the program at a few other campuses, I guess it won't be "MIT Launch" anymore. Sounds cool though!
  • shadowninjazxshadowninjazx Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    It is going to be LaunchX. There will be LaunchX Summer Program, LaunchX Clubs, and an online course.
  • tigerbeattigerbeat Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello, would you happen to know if Launch X is a full replacement for MIT Launch? And, do you happen to have any idea about proposed locations for the newly formed Launch X? Would students have to option to apply to more than one location? Thanks so much !
  • shadowninjazxshadowninjazx Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 14
    LaunchX will still have its summer program at MIT. They may expand into other universities. When you apply, I believe you can pick your preferred location. You will be applying to all campuses, but you will only be accepted into one. That is the way it worked for the time they had 2 sessions at MIT.