Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Programs for Rising Freshman?

CinnamonCinnamon Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2008 in Summer Programs
Are there any decent programs still open to applications for rising high school freshmen? I enjoy writing, politics, business, and the sciences. I know that JSA is open for a week or two more, but there seem to be many varied opinions on the program here on CC. There are also some two-week science courses at MSU that look interesting.

Are there any other options still available to application? Specifically, are there any business-related programs available to freshmen? Most seem to be limited to juniors and seniors.

Thanks for the advice!
Post edited by Cinnamon on

Replies to: Programs for Rising Freshman?

• CinnamonCinnamon Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    Bump.

Any ideas at all?
    Also, are there any opinions on the MST@MSU summer program?
  • Jonathan1Jonathan1 Posts: 5,744Registered User Senior Member
    Mini courses at Brown, Andover Summer Session, Exeter Summer School.
  • hsmomstefhsmomstef Posts: 3,579Registered User Senior Member
    CTD and CTY -- but that doesn't seem to be what you are looking for.
  • A-CardA-Card Posts: 786Registered User Member
    i second CTY. Its an amazing experiecne for an 8th grader going into 9th. Seriously thats the best year to be at CTY in my op.
  • Jonathan1Jonathan1 Posts: 5,744Registered User Senior Member
    There's also Great Books programs.
  • hsmomstefhsmomstef Posts: 3,579Registered User Senior Member
    MMLA -- Middlebury Monterey Language Academy and Concordia Village.
  • MidwestMom2Kids_MidwestMom2Kids_ Posts: 6,665Registered User Senior Member
    Here are some possible options for you. The don't have early enrollment deadlines, so if they are not full, you will still be able to register.

Entrepeneurship at Union College:
    FivePoints 2008 - Summer Academic Camp at Union College

Creative writing or Sports Management at Heidelberg:
    Heidelberg College - SummerBerg '08

I second Concordia Language Villages; if you have any interest in any language, you'll find something there. Those aspiring to careers business could take Japanese, maybe? :-)

For science, if you like computing, there are openings in the Web Design & Flash Animation week-long overnight camp or the Programming in C++ or Java camp at "id tech" sessions, university campuses around the U.S.
    Summer Camp Locations & Program Details - iD Tech Computer Camps

(It is a fun challenge to look for programs that will take rising freshmen - my daughter loved Concordia Language Villages her rising freshman summer.)
  • ashdraniasuraashdraniasura Posts: 138. Junior Member
    YEA at SD school of mines and tech.

they're currently looking for more applicants. if you're well-qualified, just contact them. it will cost $100 for everything but airfare.