1. I think the people at Geneseo are very nice and outgoing, but many of them are very similar. Greek life has a large influence here.
2. There are a lot of clubs and organizations on campus, which makes it a lot of fun, but there is not a lot to do off campus unless you have a car and even that can be boring if you don't want to drive all the way to Rochester. It seems like most people on campus drink Thursday-Saturday because of the limited options
3. I'm a freshman (now sophomore) bio major. Of the ten classes I've taken at Geneseo so far, seven of them have had 40 students or less. The professors are extremely approachable and with the exception of intro classes and the large ged-ed classes, they are the type where the professor will know you by name.
4. The dorm they show you on the tour is by far the worst dorm on campus. Although some of the freshman and corridor-style dorms are old, they are still quite livable. The suites on northside are all beautiful and the dorms are definitely bigger than at other schools.
5. Geneseo has mainly white, middle-class students from around NY. There is some diversity and a bunch of international students, but not many from other states. Everyone is very friendly and they like to balance partying and studying
I really can't speak of the relative difficulty of Geneseo since I don't know where you went to school, but I will say that I find the workload very manageable.