After finishing up my freshman year as a Biology major at a private liberal arts college I started looking into transferring to Geneseo for the approaching fall semester. I have lived near to Geneseo and therefore have visited many times and absolutely love the campus and the area. After applying and being accepted I am still unsure of whether or not this is the school for me.
1. How are the people at this school? Are they approachable? Kind? Fun? Outgoing?
2. Whats can you do as a college kid around Geneseo for fun (on and off campus)?
3. I know that at alot of SUNY schools the class size can be enormous and the professors have very little contact with their students. Is it like this at Geneseo? Or is their close student-professor contact.
4. How are the Dorms? Is the dorm they show you on the tour a typical dorm room at Geneseo?
5. What kind of people go to Geneseo?
However my main concern is the academic level at Geneseo. At my old college, which is a good college just not right for me, I maintained good grades (3.3 first semester, 3.92 second semester with A's in Biology and Chem). Is the coursework at Geneseo difficult to keep up with? Is it extremely difficult to adjust to the Geneseo curriculum as a transfer student?