Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Discover Swarthmore 2013

amidupeupleamidupeuple Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2013 in Swarthmore
In past years, there's often been a thread to discuss this event. Is anyone here applying?
Post edited by amidupeuple on

Replies to: Discover Swarthmore 2013

• BostonBoy95BostonBoy95 Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    So I'm not applying this year but I think this is relevant. I applied last year and attended and I have to say it was one of the best college visits I had! So anybody who's thinking of applying: JUST DO IT! It's free and even if you don't get in I'm pretty sure you get a fee waiver for the Swat Common App. Plus, you get practice with your essays!

I'll be attending Swat this year and DiscoSwat is the reason why!
  • mynameismottmynameismott Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    I am! Just making some final edits to the essays, and I'm excited.
  • otispotisp Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    So, the email invite said the deadline is 8/15 but the website says 8/22. Anyone know for sure?
  • amidupeupleamidupeuple Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    So I've heard. Nobody's called and confirmed but I'd assume its been extended. Maybe for lack of applicants.
  • otispotisp Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    Well, a well-timed email this morning says 8/22!
  • hsgradhsgrad Posts: 369Registered User Member
    8/22 it is. When do notifications come out?
    HSG
  • NeolucidNeolucid Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    I called and asked if you need to submit your transcript, which they said that you can online through their e-mail (discover@swarthmore.edu)

Do you just title the email :[name] transcript for discover swarthmore and just scan and send in a transcript?
  • nma716nma716 Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    I was planning to visit Swarthmore this week and only just saw Discover Swarthmore now; does anyone know when selected students will be notified?
  • nhdmaniacnhdmaniac Posts: 333Registered User Member
    the email says by September 1
  • choe95cchoe95c Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Is this program not available for international students?
  • hsgradhsgrad Posts: 369Registered User Member
    Neolucid: So the transcript does not need to be an official one sent from your school? Can you screen shot it from Naviance or something and send it?
    Chee95c...I THINK it is only for US students. Most flyins limit it to US because they pay for travel and it is a a relatively short time that you are at the college. But, contact the school and check maybe.

HSG
  • MImamaMImama Posts: 287Registered User Junior Member
    Record number of applications, so no decisions until Monday. Poor admission staff will be working the holiday weekend.
  • drsarahnhdrsarahnh Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    Hopefully they won't postpone the emails anymore!
  • TrueDreamerTrueDreamer Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    Do anyone know what time the decisions are supposed to come out?
  • drsarahnhdrsarahnh Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    They sent out an email a couple days ago that said the decisions would be emailed sometime by the end of today