Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

syracuse university banking

sredfishsredfish Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited August 2011 in Syracuse University
Any suggestions/information syracuse university banking
Post edited by sredfish on

Replies to: syracuse university banking

• collegestatmomcollegestatmom Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    HSBC and Chase are walking distance from campus. We originally chose HSBC because they have a atm on campus. Most ATM's on campus are owned by the school, there you will receive service charges. My S has since changed to Chase and goes to their ATM. HSBC really was not convenient for us to make deposits, locations not close at home. Word of advise: Include yourself on account so you can keep an eye on the finances. Chase also emails and/or text messages you when there is a low balance.
  • holdahandholdahand Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Most of my friends including myself have Chase. We don't even need to use the ATM and pay the extra fees because the bank is very close.
  • Noxium320Noxium320 Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    I chose Chase because they actually have a building just off campus, which to me is convenient if I ever need to speak to a teller. I also those this bank because there are many branches in my city so it was very convenient when I came home.
    The other banks on campus:
    M&T
    HSBC
    Bank of America (only an ATM though)
    and I believe Alliance is also near campus
    Since they are all within walking distance I would suggest you chose a bank close to your neighborhood in order to make it easier for the student when they come home and for you if you wish to deposit money