Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Coronat Scholarship Application?

CCgrl13CCgrl13 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
edited September 2013 in Syracuse University
Hi guys, I applied to Syracuse CAS and was just wondering if anyone knew if the coronat scholarship applications have been sent out yet. I have a small chance of getting asked (though it's probably not likely), so please just let me know if anyone's heard yet so I can stop stressing myself out not knowing!
Post edited by CCgrl13 on

Replies to: Coronat Scholarship Application?

• imwishing73imwishing73 Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    I received an email this morning.
  • kate244kate244 Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    I got mine in a letter today. It was dated from the 28th.

Do you know how many people get invited? Also, how do you apply to the honors college?
  • CCgrl13CCgrl13 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    yeah, i actually got an email the day after i posted the question. now we just have to worry about writing these essays by next week! and the 4th one is so open i dont know what they want! but i havent looked into to honors college very much so i cant really answer your question :/ but from the information i've found about coronot scholars, they ask 100-200 (although i think closer to 100?) and then pick 15 or 20 or to come interview and 10 to get the scholarship. i could be wrong about that though!
  • WalkingTessieWalkingTessie Posts: 220Registered User Junior Member
    Hi all -- a parent here, with some info. on last year's Coronat process. (I know that I combed CC for information last year!)

For 2012: Invitations to apply emailed Feb. 1; finalists notified by email Feb. 27; Coronat Scholars interview days March 19 - 21; scholarship winners emailed March 26th

I don't know exactly how many were invited to apply last year -- I heard around 100, but I'm not sure about that. I believe there were about 35 finalists, and about 25 were offered scholarships.

It's a tremendous program, and Syracuse is an awesome school. Good luck to you all! (Go Orange!) :)
    thanks for that information! that kinda made the odds seem a little more in our favor! just curious, did your son or daughter end up attending syracuse??
    CCgrl13 -- Yes, she's a second semester freshman, and loving the Cuse!
  • erg2017erg2017 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    WalkingTessie- Do you know anything about what the interview process is like for the finalists?
    erg2017 -- I can give you an idea of what last year's process was like:

Monday -- Travel to SU; group dinner

Tuesday -- Group meals; individual interviews are scheduled thoughout the day, and class visits and tours are scheduled around those times. Evening lecture by a visiting author.

Wednesday -- Group meals; group interviews scheduled throughout the morning. Some students departing in the afternoon. For those remaining, group dinner off campus, and

Thursday -- Farewell breakfast

I should also mention that all travel expenses were paid by Syracuse, and the students were housed in the very nice Sheraton right on campus. Hope this helps!
  • jpage447jpage447 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    I finished all the essays except the last one...i have no idea what to write! lol it would be easier if they just told us what they wanted to know
    WalkingTessie - if by the rare chance that I am invited for the interviews, I'll be driving to Syracuse. Would they cover gas money?
    imwishing73 -- I don't know for sure, but my guess would be "yes". The people my D worked with last year to make her travel arrangements were extremely helpful and accommodating. Good luck!
  • jpage447jpage447 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Does anyone know if we are supposed to make the cover page our email, or just an attachment to the email?
  • braniacbraniac Posts: 404Registered User Member
    I made mine part of the attachment
    Well, shall we all sit around and worry together now? :)
    haha i guess so, I can't stop thinking about it though! Does anyone have any idea around when finalists are supposed to hear back?