Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Texas A&M Best Residence Hall?

CAmericanCAmerican Posts: 13Registered User New Member
edited October 2011 in Texas A&M University
Hey CC forum,

I was recently just admitted to Texas A&M University. I'm looking for a residence hall/room (preferably north side) that will allow me the opportunity to actually get studying done but still enjoy campus activities. I thought Schuhmacher looked like a decent hall choice. If anyone has any recommendations or advice i'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!
Post edited by CAmerican on

Replies to: Texas A&M Best Residence Hall?

• astraylor91astraylor91 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    Dude go with Walton haha
  • 123abc456123abc456 Posts: 515Registered User Member
    lol, I live in Walton right now. Well, what do you mean by best? There are dorms in which you get a nice, big room and a private bathroom, but they're pricey. Or you can go with Walton/Schuhmacher and share a bathroom with your neighbors. It depends on what you're looking for.
  • CAmericanCAmerican Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    By best i mean, something that fits my interest. Of course i wanna experience the on-campus life but I'd rather do it in a way that isn't going to totally interfere with the ability to study in my room instead of having to go to the library all the time cause it's to loud and etc.

How do you like Walton? - Honestly.
  • btn1229btn1229 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    I personally don't like Walton because of how some of them act; to each his own.

I lived in Wells last year (a modular dorm) and the location on Southside was perfect for me, not noisy, but fun, and the rooms are great and big! I would recommend any mod as they're spacious and allow you to stretch out; I studied alot in my room and did just fine
  • cibirochkacibirochka Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    During the school year I've only lived in McFadden and Clements, which require you to be in honors. During the summer I did live in FHK. I didn't find any of them to be too loud, and there was a good number of rooms to study in if my roommate had friends over. FHK might be louder during the school year.