Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

essay C and personal essay - scholarships

EtxcatEtxcat Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Texas A&M University
My D submitted essay a, b, and c when she applied to Texas A&M. Now it is asking for a personal essay for scholarships. The prompt is almost identical to essay c. Does she need to write a 4th essay or just paste essay c into the editor as personal essay.
Post edited by Etxcat on

Replies to: essay C and personal essay - scholarships

• Nicoleg13Nicoleg13 Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
    There shouldn't be a 4th essay.. Has she submitted the application online already? Essay C is the same essay they use for scholarships and review candidates. I applied for scholarships and the freshman application at the same time and I was only required to do 3 essays, not 4.
  • EtxcatEtxcat Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
    it won't let us admit because it says based on her scholarship selections, a personal essay is required. she selected terry foundation. it shows she has submitted a, b, and c. I suppose they don't share essay c with terry foundation and we just need to paste essay c into personal essay?
  • Nicoleg13Nicoleg13 Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
    It would make sense just to copy and paste if that's the essay she wants them to consider. I didn't apply for that scholarship specifically so I guess that's why I didn't have a 4th essay.
  • peacherspeachers Posts: 64Registered User Junior Member
    My friend asked me the same thing yesterday and I'm the same boat as Nicoleg13.
    I didn't put that I wanted to be considered for that scholarship so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Maybe give a call to admissions or scholarships(is that a department anyways? Haha) and ask if you need to copy and paste c or write another essay?
  • dpitre100dpitre100 Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    i copy and pasted my c into to the the personal essay for the terry foundation because i think they are the same. i know you definitely could use the personal essay for essay c but im not sure how about vice versa but then again thats how i did it.