Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Fordham

NEMom1NEMom1 Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2013 in Theater/Drama Majors
Anyone have word on acting major or other emphases at Fordham?
Post edited by NEMom1 on

Replies to: Fordham

• stagemumstagemum Posts: 544Registered User Member
    Are you an accepted senior, or a junior considering Fordham? I understand that a Theater major or minor is possible at the main, Rose Hill, campus in the Bronx, but most aspiring performers apply to the Lincoln Center campus. The Theater Performance major is a BA program (with rigorous liberal arts/" gen-ed" requirements), but they require an audition for acceptance. If they are following the same protocols as they did last year, you need to apply by the Early Decision deadline, although all candidates receive their notifications by the Regular Decision date. You will still be considered for general, academic admission even if you are not accepted into the Performance major. They do not have a Musical Theater program. It is a first-rate program for strong students, and the location is unbeatable. If you have a lot of AP credits, you might be able to devise a double major, but it's tough - they require Math, Science, Foreign Language, etc. It is very expensive, as all NYC schools are, if you do not qualify for any financial assistance or grants. Fordham-Lincoln Center also has a fabulous Dance B.F.A., in collaboration with the Alvin Ailey Company.
  • glassharmonicaglassharmonica Posts: 2,342Registered User Senior Member
    Last year the theater decisions started arriving on March 8 by postal mail, if that is what you are asking.
  • NEMom1NEMom1 Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    DD is a senior applicant to Fordham for theater major (acting). She also indicated interest in being considered for general admission if not admitted to major. So, question was about when she might hear. Thanks GH for news about last year. I noticed a couple of play writing folks have news this week.
  • dreambelle13dreambelle13 Posts: 165Registered User Junior Member
    I know many people who have heard about their acceptances already.
    NEMom, last year the theater acceptances came in over a span of about a week IIRC, and came through postal mail. General acceptances come later. Some students not accepted immediately to the theater program end up attending Fordham and applying again as internal transfers.
  • momofthree3momofthree3 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    My son was one accepted to play writing track at Fordham. We were notified via email. Received an email saying a decision had been made and to log into on to our portal and there was an acceptance letter attached.
  • sandkmomsandkmom Posts: 892Registered User Member
    While a moot point for the OP, I just want to clarify for future applicants, that Theatre majors MUST apply to the LC campus. It may be possible for Rose Hill students to minor in Theatre, I don't actually know...I never asked, but only LC students can major in Theatre.

Good luck to all waiting on decisions! :)
  • nifmomnifmom Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    Anyone heard from Fordham yet? No one seems to have posted anything as of late.
    I've only seen two Fordham admits on CC, both playwrights. Last year they admitted the acting and playwrights together, but they may be doing it differently this time.
  • Brooklyn0323Brooklyn0323 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    Is there a FB group for accepted prospective c/o 2017 Fordham theatre students? I haven't made my final decision yet, but Fordham is where I'm leaning most towards - I'd like to kind of connect my potential future classmates :)
  • YouCanCallMeAlYouCanCallMeAl Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I got accepted to Fordham this year for acting. Best of luck to you all :)
  • nifmomnifmom Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    When did you receive your acceptance YouCanCallMeAl and Brooklyn0323?
  • Brooklyn0323Brooklyn0323 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    I found out about 1.5- 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
  • ande85ande85 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Has anyone heard from the Ailey/Fordham Dance BFA program?
  • LawDadLawDad Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    FWIW, my S received e-mail notification re admission to the acting program about two weeks ago, with the formal letter and financial aid info arriving this past weekend.