Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

DePaul acting prescreen

TwoboysandadogTwoboysandadog Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
Has anyone heard back? And, if so, how long did it take between submission and notification?

Replies to: DePaul acting prescreen

• TwoboysandadogTwoboysandadog Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    Oh, never mind. I just read in the email that it will take a few weeks.
  • TNTheatreDadTNTheatreDad Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    It only took about three Days for them to reject my D prescreen. Just got notified yesterday.
  • actorparent1actorparent1 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Sorry for the bad news, @TNTheatreDad. :( I hope your D gets great results from the other schools!
  • DoinResearchDoinResearch Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    So sorry! I imagine now that they've moved to a presreen that there's more applications than even before - the stats are difficult at DuPaul.
  • TwoboysandadogTwoboysandadog Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    It took them about a week to give him the same rejection.
  • TNTheatreDadTNTheatreDad Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    She took it well. It's not really her dream school. She loved their facilities but she's wanting something smaller, without MFA students and more focused on classical theatre. She would've been thrilled for a callback but she's not surprised and taking it in stride
  • laylamomlaylamom Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    @TNTheatreDad
    Here too. TWO DAYS ! My daughter passed Pace, CMU, Elon and I though we were on a roll (all straight acting). Then a super fast NO from Depaul. I feel so silly because when she texted me that she did not pass it, inside I felt terrible for her and she will be just fine. It's so easy to start wondering what was different. I see that all the no's ahead will be harder in reality than in my imagination. I'm sure your girl is very talented and I believe in mine but if this little glitch makes me wobbly...I need to get strong fast.
  • katgirlchicagokatgirlchicago Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    My son uploaded a Video 10/13 and just received a congratulations email... I love to see so many students wanting to come here for college and disappointed that my son wants to go to the east coast. I'm hoping that he chooses to stay if he gets accepted to DePaul and that he receives a nice financial aid package because every school right now is uberly expensive Congratulations! We have reviewed your audition prescreen video, and we would like to invite you to an in-person callback audition. 

Before scheduling your callback audition, please log into your DePaul portal and complete the audition questionnaire form. You may then schedule your audition here (use your DePaul portal credentials to log in). Our website provides detailed information about callback audition dates/locations and the audition process
    OMG CMU would be amazing!! We didn't even bother with trying to get in. I don't think his grades are strong enough. He's in school for 9hrs per day and although he's in Honors and AP Classes, he doesn't have a 4.0... it's more of a B+ avg.. we haven't received the scores from SAT's yet but ironically Emerson and Boston U have emailed stating that they don't need them..sigh..
    The New School asked him to quickly email them a video then we received an email asking if he'd like to do early action audition.. I assuming this may be a small pass but unsure..

the only other "Dream School" he'd love to get into is Juilliard and although he's auditioning for NYU.. after reading the posts and thinking about class sizes on top of the aid not being that great.. I am rethinking it..

we shall see. I just want all of our kids to go and be where they want and are supposed to be :)
  • toowonderfultoowonderful Registered User Posts: 3,426 Senior Member
    @katgirlchicago - just FYI, CMU does not require drama students to meet anywhere near the same criteria as other majors. It really is all about the audition there. On the other hand, NYU and Boston require students to be admitted academically as well as artistically in 2 separate evaluations - so grades/scores matter there, and both are academically competitive. (Boston for sure wanted my D's in 2014, they may have changed)

Just to address class sizes at NYU - students are divided into Studios, and Studios are divided into cohorts. My D has never had more than 15 in her class during her 4 years there.
    thanks for the info @toowonderful I hear that Chicago students can go for free if they complete something beginning next year. I'm not sure what that Thing is. Same applies to the University of Chicago (if you get accepted) it's free to Chicago students. Northwestern University is doing something similar.
    @katgirlchicago - Chicago students can go free to where? What would they have to complete? Is this need based ? None of those schools are exactly hurting for applicants....
    Chicago students can go to University of Chicago for free is accepted. DePaul is also starting a program for Chicago Students that will be implemented next fall .. Sure they aren't hurting for applicants but many people can't afford 70K per year but are exceptional students
    I meant to say Chicago U IF accepted
    @katgirlchicago - is this what you are talking about? http://promise.uchicago.edu/ Looks like a need based program TARGETING Chicago families - but only if you qualify for full need. Hardly that all Chicago residents can go there tuition free.....