Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

rejections 2009

mariusmarius Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited May 2009 in Theater/Drama Majors
I know this has been a really difficult time for a lot of people. Would any of you mind sharing where you've gotten rejected from? I'm still waiting to hear from every school. It would help to know.

Thanks a lot.
Post edited by marius on

Replies to: rejections 2009

• NJTheatreMOMNJTheatreMOM Posts: 2,970Registered User Senior Member
    Rejected: Purchase and Rutgers.

Accepted into one program. Haven't heard from three others yet.
  • mikeyshypnoticmikeyshypnotic Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    What program??
  • seasidegardenerseasidegardener Posts: 81Registered User Junior Member
    Rejected: Ithaca for acting.
  • early_collegeearly_college Posts: 2,846Registered User Senior Member
    I'm sorry guys. I bet it was meant to be. You'll sure be accepted to some great school. Good Luck!
  • IMHopefulIMHopeful Posts: 341Registered User Member
    Rejected: Minnesota/Guthrie, Evansville, Otterbein, Purchase
    Accepted: USC, Point Park
    Still waiting on five audition programs
  • mariusmarius Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Yea it would help to know what program you applied to and when you auditioned. I'm beginning to think that all we will get is rejections if we don't hear before April 1st.
    My son auditioned at Purchase, NYU/Tisch, CMU, and BU in late January. Auditioned for Rutgers in mid-February and for Montclair on March 7.

He did not get a callback at Purchase auditions and he received a rejection letter from them a week or so later. His rejection letter from Rutgers arrived last week.

A couple of days ago, he was accepted at NYU/Tisch.

Best of luck to you, Marius. I think there are actually plenty of schools that don't notify until April 1 or a little after.

My son's very talented girlfriend (not a College Confidential member), who has auditioned at 8 top MT schools (one more audition to go), has so far been rejected at 6 without a single acceptance. It is really tough.
  • mikeyshypnoticmikeyshypnotic Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    oh gosh. I'm still a JR. Next year I will be doing this!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh...lol.
  • mariusmarius Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Thanks a lot NJTheatreMOM. When you do the math, the numbers aren't in our favor. This is a hard process but a lot can be learned from it I guess. It just seems like if you don't hear anything before April 1 then it's all over. Then what?
  • actingmomactingmom Posts: 233Registered User Junior Member
    IMHopeful - Are you into the BA or the BFA program at USC? Congratulations!!!
  • NotMamaRoseNotMamaRose Posts: 4,090Registered User Senior Member
    NJTheatreMom, did your son get his actual acceptance letter from NYU Tisch or the invitation to Saturday in the Square?
  • early_collegeearly_college Posts: 2,846Registered User Senior Member
    marius: I think that's why you should still apply to some state schools. You always need a back up plan and I bet lots of people don't get into any of the BFA programs since they are so hard to get into. You may also want to look into the BA's. Good Luck!
  • IMHopefulIMHopeful Posts: 341Registered User Member
    actingmom - Don't know yet on the BFA. The acceptance letter said that my D was accepted into the BA Theater program and wanted to let her know that right away, but that the department hadn't finished their recommendations on BFA and that we would be notified of that decision separately as soon as the admissions department received them. She was excited even about the BA acceptance -- she liked the school and department when she visited and thought that she would definitely consider the BA program.
    NotMamaRose -- My son got his invitation on Thursday to what they are now calling the Tisch Admitted Student Program.

Marius -- You asked, "Then what?" with regard to what happens if you don't get in anyplace. That is pretty much how my son's thinking was running until Thursday. I don't know where you applied, but you may well receive some very good news around April 1. In case you don't, I understand that there are helpful threads (not sure if they are here or in the MT forum) about the "gap year." If you are having trouble fending off anxiety, it might not be a bad idea to search for them. You are not alone!!
  • actingmomactingmom Posts: 233Registered User Junior Member
    IMHopeful - my daughter is a BFA and her roommate is a BA - if your daughter has any questions about either program PM me. Both are awesome programs. My daughter did hear they were sending out acceptances last week to the top tier BA's. These are the first acceptances I've heard of from the School of Theatre this year. The young woman I coached this year for the BFA program just had her status changed to being reviewed, so it does indeed appear the BFA notifications will be arriving shortly. Fingers crossed for all!