Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transferring with bad grades

MacTech92MacTech92 Posts: 759Registered User Member
edited November 2005 in Transfer Students
Would it be possible for me to either transfer out of where I am and be accepted with a bunch of C's and D's or to just drop out and re-enroll in another school with no grades at all? I'm currently floating a GPA of roughly 1.7 or so and it's probably due to the terrible environment I'm in.
Post edited by MacTech92 on

Replies to: Transferring with bad grades

• bonafide20bonafide20 Posts: 434Registered User Member
    I would mention the circumstances in your essay or in a supplemental document and also mention how the change in environment would bnefit you academically. Mention how your high school grades were high so its not like you are a slacker (I read yoru other post).
  • AndrewUMassAndrewUMass Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
    I thought a 1.7 would have already had you kicked out; maybe it's my school... hmm.
  • kevintechkevintech Posts: 1,210Registered User Senior Member
    that 1.7 will follow you wherever you go - at least here in california it would. if you enroll at another junior college and try to transfer out of there, you'll have to submit your grades from your previous school also. the best you could is get A's to show a SHARP upward trend in your gpa.
  • Luna_31Luna_31 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    Not around here, when u transfer out your Gpa will no follow. Heres a question.. Im currently at a great school statisticly.. ranked 31 in liberal arts colleges, and more selective. However, it does not have my major. I dont have a great Gpa either roughly 2.5, and I wanna transfer to a school with my major.. However, Its a less selective university...what do u guys think? Thanks
  • allenaallena Posts: 1,716Registered User Senior Member
    While the school may be less selective, what are their requirments?

How many units do you have completed with that 1.7? I mean if you just had a bad semester and got a 1.7 but only took 12 units it's something that you can fix. If however you're up at 90+ units and have that 1.7, it's going to prove to be more of a challange to repair.