College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I currently go to a mediocre school here in Florida. Actually, I really like the school but its not ranked. Its cheap and I've already made my life here in my home town. I've got a job and an amazing place in one of the best parts of town. my life is pretty sweet right now.
but I've always wanted to go to school in Washington DC.
I recently applied to American, GW and Georgetown.
American was my safety school. I was fairly certain I had a 70% chance of getting in. I just got the notice today that I've been accepted. Still waiting on GW which is iffy. and Georgetown is a big reach. I may not get into either GW or GTown. Anyway...
considering the cost and that I will be uprooting my nice safe life here... I am having second thoughts about American. I'd like to be convinced otherwise. If you please, make your best arguments for attending American University. I don't want to pass up an amazing chance because of lack of knowledge and fear of the unknown.
Things my school have going for it:
- Great Weather
- HUGE (I like that, but AU is not so small as to be undesirable)
- 6,000 a year
Things I have against my school:
- mediocre professors. I don't know anyone who is a leader in their field at my school
- mediocre students. I constantly feel like I'm the smartest student in the class
- Not ranked. its well known and becoming respected locally... but nationally still has no cred
- Feels more like community college