Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Spring 2013 UF Transfer Acceptance/Rejection

andrewfrost23andrewfrost23 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
edited May 2013 in Transfer Students
Post in here if you are applying as a transfer student to the University of Florida for the Spring of 2013.

Make sure to include:
-GPA (overall and/or per-professional)
-School or major you applied for
-whether or not you are accepted

I have 3.0 overall and my major of choice is mechanical engineering. Right now I am waiting but should be hearing back sometime soon I hope.

I wish you all good luck.
Post edited by andrewfrost23 on

Replies to: Spring 2013 UF Transfer Acceptance/Rejection

• summerchicasummerchica Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    is this for fall or spring?
  • andrewfrost23andrewfrost23 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    The thread title is SPRING 2013, post if you are applying for the SPRING of 2013
  • EileenMEileenM Posts: 132Registered User Junior Member
    Major: Biology
    GPA: unweighted: 3.0 at former school (FGCU) and 4.0 at current school (FIU)

I just applied last week so my status still says:

"Your application for admission to the University of Florida for the Spring 2013 term has been received. Please allow 2-4 weeks for an initial review of your application by the Admissions Office."

Good luck everyone!
  • summerchicasummerchica Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    anyone applied to umiami?
  • DaoWeiDaoWei Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    can anybody tell me how to calculate weighted GPA? And will university of Florida consider this for your application?
  • mitchellrod90mitchellrod90 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    Major: Biochemistry
    GPA: 3.59 Overall, 4.0 pre-professional - Miami Dade College
    Applied to CLAS as a biochemistry major

Extracurricular: Chemistry tutor at Miami Dade College, publication in progress for synthesized cellulose co-polymer, volunteer at Miami Children's Hospital. Also an employee there.

I am awaiting admissions decision but will post my acceptance/rejection as soon as I hear back.

I am worried about my overall GPA since the CLAS is a college that is packed with students. I feel like I am not competitive at all. We will see.
    Has anyone heard back from admissions yet?
    Mine just changed, it says it has been sent to my college for a final decision..I am in shock, as I have never made it this far in the application process..Not sure what that means..do I really have a chance?? If your app has been referred to your college is that a big deal? Or does everyone get referred, if they have a 2.0 or above..
    Is this thread dead...
  • DaoWeiDaoWei Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    Yeah, EileenM . That is what shows to me also.But at least it means you have completed your file. The website says,"After the Office of Admissions verifies that your application file is complete, the file is forwarded to the college and academic department for admission consideration and decision."
    Alrighty I suppose it's just a waiting game from here on out..
    Has anyone heard back yet? I am still waiting :/
  • andrewfrost23andrewfrost23 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    @DaoWei and summerchica

This thread is about transferring to the University of Florida in the Spring (January) of 2013. Not UM or calculating GPA's.

Please read the university's requirements for answers about your GPA.
    Still waiting too...I read on previous threads from last year that a lot of people didn't find out till September!
    Does anyone know if applying early to UF helps you at all?? (increases your chances)
This discussion has been closed.