Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

NYU Transfer for Spring 2013

Tomeu11Tomeu11 Posts: 136Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2013 in Transfer Students
Hello everyone! Who else is attempting to transfer to NYU for the Spring? I know there is another thread on this topic, but it is on the NYU section so it doesn't get as many views. I hope this will get to more people.

Here is my situation:
I applied and was denied the transfer for Fall 2012. I am applying again with a 3.85 GPA after 33 college units, I also have 12 from the IB program.
I am taking 19 credits as of right now, my mid-term report has all As on it.
My institution is ranked top 50 nationally.
I don't think I'll submit my SATs.
EAs are not so strong, just a summer internship at a 300+ employee company and a couple other things.

I hope I get in! I really miss the city ^^
Post edited by Tomeu11 on

Replies to: NYU Transfer for Spring 2013

• giantmidgetgiantmidget Posts: 420Registered User Member
    I applied again too. I was waitlisted to Stern last time, but I've applied to CAS Econ this time around, so I'm hopeful of my chances.
  • Tomeu11Tomeu11 Posts: 136Registered User Junior Member
    Hey giantmidget! I remember you from the Fall 2012 post. Would you mind sharing your stats with the new hopefuls?
    GPA - 3.81
    Credits - about 74. I'll probably lose a few, but that's alright with me.
    Applying for - CAS Econ
    Yea, you spent a semester at NYU London didn't you? I'm also applying for CAS, but as a Psychology major
  • LoneStar20LoneStar20 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    Hi! I just applied to CAS too as a Philosophy Major with a 3.7 GPA. Do decisions come out before the end of November?
    It says that they should come beginning the 3rd week. However, we cannot know for sure since Sandy might have slowed things down over there.
    @Tomeu11
    Yep, I did. Feels like a long time ago now, though. The original plan was to go to London in the fall, spend one last semester at my university in the spring and then transfer to NYU. Didn't work out like that. In hindsight, I probably should have applied to CAS for Spring right after London.

@LoneStar20
    NYU has the best Philosophy department in the world, so good luck! Last year, I think people got them around first week of December, and that was without Sandy slowing things down, so I think we're looking at December 10-ish onwards for decisions.
    @giantmidget I really hope it is not that late, it would be too distracting. Anyway, I sent an email to an NYU admissions officer and it included that question so I'll post the answer when I get it. I'm sure you will make it in this time!

@LoneStar20 I agree with giantmidget, their Phil department is the best. I actually intend to double major in Psych and Phil so if we get in we may be together in some course ^^

How many people do you think apply for Spring compared to Fall?
  • josephyangjosephyang Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
    hi guys, i mentioned this to Tomeu11 and those in the other transfer 2013 thread, but I am a current NYU student, i transferred to stern this fall semester as a junior. i can answer any questions you guys might have, whether it be on the application process or on living in the city, life at stern, nyu compared to my old school, etc. I transferred from Rutgers University and am from NJ. name's joe btw.
    yea guys, he has great advice, so do not hesitate to express your doubts. Thank you so much Joe!
    @joesphyang
    How did you find the social and academic transition to NYU?
  • kneekey1kneekey1 Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    Ive applied for spring also. Gallatin.

Coming in as a Junior from a top 50.
    Stats:
    3.5 gpa
    strong e.c: 4 internships and one part time job in the past year.
    Hopefully strong essays.

Good luck everyone, hope we hear soon.
    Does anyone know if we compete against those who want to enter the same college within NYU (i.e. CAS, Gallatin), or against those who intend to do the same major, like Economics or Philosophy?
    bump 10char
    @Tomeu11
    I did receive an application acknowledgement, about three weeks after I applied (submitted on Sep 17th). Did you receive a reply to your email about when decisions will go out?