Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Semester Units/Credits Question ?

SlickmanSlickman Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Transfer Students
I plan to transfer to SDSU from my current 4 year school in NYC. However on SDSU's website they say they will only accept transfers who have 60 semester units or more, but all they talk about are transfers from community college.

By the time I plan to transfer I will have completed two semesters in my current 4 year school which means that, if I understand correctly, I will have 30 semester units.

Will SDSU reject me instantly because I have less than 60, even though I am not transferring from a community college ?

Thank you.
Post edited by Slickman on

Replies to: Semester Units/Credits Question ?

• SlickmanSlickman Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    I don't mean to be rude, but nobody can at least attempt to answer this question ?
  • entomomentomom Posts: 23,644Registered User Senior Member
    When I read this, it doesn't say it is specifically for CC transfers:

San Diego State University | Admissions
    Who Counts as a Transfer Student?

If you have taken any college-level classes since the summer beyond your high school graduation, you count as a transfer student.

SDSU accepts transfer applications only from upper-division transfer or readmission applicants who will have completed 60 or more transferable semester units by the end of spring 2013. We do not accept transfer applications from lower-division students with fewer than 60 transferable semester units.

Below this, they discuss TAG, which is for CC students.
    Right, I see that they don't refer to CC transfers only, which is why I'm asking whether or not they will just flat out not look at my transfer application because I do not have 60 semester units. Do you think this is so ?
  • entomomentomom Posts: 23,644Registered User Senior Member
    SDSU accepts transfer applications only from upper-division transfer or readmission applicants who will have completed 60 or more transferable semester units by the end of spring 2013.

I'm not sure how they could be any more explicit.

If you have less than 60 sem units at the end of the academic year, you have not fulfilled their requirements and will not be considered.
    Right then thanks for your help. Quite unfortunate that they don't accept people who have less than 60 semester units.