Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Unable to take classes originally stated for spring 2013 transfer?

DerangedCorgiDerangedCorgi Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Transfer Students
So here's my situation right now. Even with transfer priority registration the best I can do is be 6th (or further down) on the waitlist. EOP/veterans have the highest priority and apparently they all decided to take the class that was my final major per-requisite class this semester.

I applied to some CSU's and I'm working on applying to one or two UC's, would it be alright if I didn't take this class?
The class I'm was planning on taking was Physics 1C E&M. Would I just explain the situation and just take the class at the CSU/UC campus instead?
Post edited by DerangedCorgi on

Replies to: Unable to take classes originally stated for spring 2013 transfer?

• jkiwmomjkiwmom Posts: 1,354Registered User Senior Member
    Call admissions and explain the situation. If they tell you that you'd need it before enrolling, then maybe look into whether you could take the course at another nearby community college (?). Is there a 'virtual course" available?? Weekend class slot (Sat.). Just brainstorming.
  • DerangedCorgiDerangedCorgi Posts: 145Registered User Junior Member
    I don't have priority registration for the other CCC's so it's worse for me to go there, that and the campuses don't accept the E&M taken there if I have physics 1&2 taken in a different CCC.
  • jkiwmomjkiwmom Posts: 1,354Registered User Senior Member
    I'm not in CA, and now I see just how complex this is. Can you go in and talk to a cc counselor/advisor? There has to be some kind of loophole for this situation.

I'd still email or call the school's you've applied to in the meantime and find out if it would be a problem or not. I know they have strict requirements for transfers from CCC. How frustrating for you!