Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

transfer after a year at community college

yeahokayyeahokay Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Transfer Students
In highschool I was really lazy and partied alot. Too late, I turned things around and got some decent grades senior year. however, my good grades only brought my cumulative gpa to around 1.5 - 1.8 range. I scored a 25 on the act. So I am attending community college and getting very good marks (mostly As, few Bs and Cs). I dont want to miss out on the college experience, so I am wanting to transfer after this year. Is it doable? My choices to apply to are Kent State University and Ohio University and I am planning to major in biology.

What are my chances? Any advice?
Post edited by yeahokay on

Replies to: transfer after a year at community college

  • happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 18,802Registered User Senior Member
    Pay a visit to the transfer counselor at your CC and get that person's advice. You may need to finish your AA or AS with a good GPA before transferring.
  • eclark6eclark6 Posts: 126Registered User Junior Member
    What is your college GPA and how many credit hours do you have?
  • yeahokayyeahokay Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    3.0 ish and 12 credit hours
  • EndPhaseEndPhase Posts: 583Registered User Member
    Very possible, I did it and am at a top 75 us news university competing at the D1 NCAA level in my sport. Usually, private universities accept transfers with 30 units but there are some public universities out there that do the same albeit much fewer.
Sign In or Register to comment.