Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What is the "Midterm Report" on Common App?

midas222midas222 Posts: 132Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Transfer Students
I have my fall semester grades and I got a B in Honors Linear Algebra which ***** on my entire GPA. I would assume that my fall grades get sent on a transcript, but what is the midterm report? Is the midterm report a summary of where my grades are at a month or so into the winter semester? If this is the case, is much weight placed on the midterm report grades? I could really use a second chance with the linear algebra debacle.
Post edited by midas222 on

Replies to: What is the "Midterm Report" on Common App?

• trackstar20trackstar20 Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    It has your updated fall grades, which the college can factor into your overall gpa. So it just effects your gpa by a bit having a B.
  • entomomentomom Posts: 23,644Registered User Senior Member
    Is the midterm report a summary of where my grades are at a month or so into the winter semester?

Yes, this is what it is. The amount of weight likely depends on where you sit in the pool of applicants: for a sure accept or deny it probably has little or no weight, but if you're in the middle, it could tip the balance either way.