Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU Decisions

brc234brc234 Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2006 in Transfer Students
So, people have apparently started getting their letters from NYU. I haven't gotten mine, but my friend at CU-Boulder just received hers today. She was accepted. Anyone else have news?
Post edited by brc234 on

Replies to: NYU Decisions

• For ShaganovFor Shaganov Posts: 619Registered User Member
    do you know when she sent her app in? I sent mine in pretty close to the deadline and haven't heard anything yet, and i live closer than colorado to nyc. damn, i want to know.
  • jL_visioNzjL_visioNz Posts: 490Registered User Member
    yeah, people should be hearing this week.

do you know which school in nyu she applied to?
    ok, wait, i just checked their website and it says starting may 15. what's going on? and does anyone know if they send the decisions to your home or college address?
  • luckycharms44luckycharms44 Posts: 179Registered User Junior Member
    Would it be too obvious and tedious to email or call the woman who asked for my mid-term grades for the satus of my decision?
    no, go for it, and make sure to let us know if she tells you because even though i wasn't asked for midterms i wouldn't mind a decision over the phone
  • nascosinascosi Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    brc234, what school did she apply to?
  • jL_visioNzjL_visioNz Posts: 490Registered User Member
    cmon 'for shaganov', how many times do i have to post this -_- this is probably my 4th time posting on these forums the same exact quote.

from the nyu transfer admissions bulletin boards..
    "Transfer applicant admissions decisions are released on a rolling basis with internal transfers receiving notification beginning in April. External transfer decisions are usually released starting from about three to four weeks after the April 1st deadline."

and for some reason if you don't know the difference between internal and external transfers, internal transfers are nyu students that want to transfer within the university, such as cas to stern. external transfers are people like us, who want to transfer into nyu from a different college.

hope this clears everything up.
    um, ok, i obviously hadn't seen that before.
  • brc234brc234 Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    She applied to CAS.
  • brc234brc234 Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    Oh, and I think she sent the application in pretty early. At least 2 weeks before I sent in mine (which was sometime in the week before the deadline).
  • SMan41SMan41 Posts: 111Registered User Junior Member
    I want my decision!
    did anyone else hear back yet?
  • lifelessmachinelifelessmachine Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
    I haven't got mine yet.......
    luckycharms44, how did it go when asking about the status of your decision?
  • luckycharms44luckycharms44 Posts: 179Registered User Junior Member
    They said they will be released shortly, and that if tehy send it before I am finished here then they'll send it to my dorm address not my home adress, but if they release it afterward they'll send it to my home.