Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

2017 - 2018 USC Transfer

Replies to: 2017 - 2018 USC Transfer

• DeangeloyouknowDeangeloyouknow Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Im applying to usc as a physics major.
  • reboundedrebounded Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    so I know only your first 64 units will be transferred when you enroll, but is your gpa with your first 64 units the only gpa that's considered, or is it your total gpa with 64+ units (if you have that many) that will be looked at?
  • NeurologicalNeurological Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    @rebounded The only GPA they are considering (after you receive 30 credit hours) is your college GPA. Your question is a little confusing. :S
    so even if I take, let's say, 100 units by the time I'm ready to transfer, after two years of community college, all 100 of those units will count towards my college gpa that they'll consider?
    Yes. The GPA you have at the time you send in your application will be the GPA they consider, regardless of the number of credits. If your GPA significantly drops the semester after they receive your application, that may also play a role in your admission.

• crispypotatoescrispypotatoes Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi, I'm planning to apply to USC as chem major/sophomore transfer, and I was wondering if you guys think that there's a chance I'll get in? So far, I've taken a calculus course (received a C) and a macroeconomics course (received an A+) at a CCC, which makes my current gpa a 3.0. If everything goes as planned, by the end of spring semester 2017, I will have taken:
    English - 15 units
    Math - 20 units
    Chemistry - 15 units
    Physics - 6 units
    Econ - 5 units
    and hopefully, those courses will bring my gpa up to a 3.7.

Also, I've been volunteering at a hospital for over a year now and I'm not sure if that is enough for me to get into USC. I'm not really sure what other extracurriculars there are for me to do since I'm going to a CC and there isn't much to do on campus..
  • socamposocampo Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @rizzledrizzle1 Did you have any luck with the common app? I've tried to research when it will open up but I have found nothing
  • enpz45enpz45 Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    @socampo I've been able to access the USC common app since the first.
    @crispypotatoes If you get involved in more ECs, then your chances will be optimized. Definitely obtain that 3.7!
  • crispypotatoescrispypotatoes Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @Neurological Okay, thank you!
    if I ace everything next semester, I'll be applying with a cumulative 3.49 gpa (don't remind me, i know it's garbage.) can someone pls prevent me from falling asleep while curled in the fetal position on tear-soaked bedsheets and tell me of any transfer success stories from people with similarly **** gpas? I'm from a ccc, will have major prep done by end of spring, will get a few letters of rec from professors (hopefully highlighting my upward trend in grades,) and have decent ec's btw
  • socamposocampo Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @rebounded you might want to talk to @awalksonman who got in with a 3.4
  • dogsAREsocool199dogsAREsocool199 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    anyone trying to transfer as a sophomore without TTP? do you guys know if it is possible? i think i will have over 30 units by the end of spring 2017.
    pretty sure it's possible. i know many people who have transferred after only 2 semesters. just make sure you have your major prep courses completed
  • golfgirl101golfgirl101 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Do you guys think it hurts my chances of getting in as a sophomore if I am currently going to another 4-year university?