Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

2017 - 2018 USC Transfer

Replies to: 2017 - 2018 USC Transfer

• penntouscpenntousc Registered User Posts: 1,115 Senior Member
    @laccstudent That and since there's quite a few sophomore applicants on here we haven't actual gotten any stats yet, but as soon as the semester ends this thread should be a ton more active
  • mjstewart1224mjstewart1224 Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    I don't ever post stats until I get an acceptance/rejection. What's the point?
  • ericeoericeo Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    I just find it interesting to know other's stats.
    Knowing others' stats and completed courses and such helps to get everyone communicating and relieves the stress a bit, because trust me this wait is going to brutal
  • mjstewart1224mjstewart1224 Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    Haha, it just increases my stress.
  • PantafootballPantafootball Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    @penntousc so I contacted my USC counselor and they do not require Econ and it doesn't satisfy the Econ requirement at USC at all. But it does transfer only for units. And in terms of accounting she basically said look we don't care about it but if you have time and do it then you'll have an edge over other students when you're in because you won't have to take accounting. I did accounting 1 so basically next spring I should just get it over with and see if it helps my app. In conclusion, basically these counselors can never give you straight answers and are always wording their emails in a very monotone way. But what I noticed definitely was that she stressed the fact on completing all GEs. And I quote "Usc Marshall prospective students who complete Most of the general education with a B or higher will be the most competitive candidates".
  • silvermansachssilvermansachs Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    edited August 2016
    @Pantafootball Yeah, I got the same vague answers as you. By looking at last year USC transfer threads I think it's just up to GPA and how many GE/prerequisites you have completed to get offered admission to USC. The personal statements don't really mean jack imo
  • Division1to100Division1to100 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Hey, joining the USC hype train this year. But why is there always such a big thread about USC every year.
    @Pantafootball yeah thats basically the conclusion i came to. I'm assuming that if they stress the completion of GE's, then they aren't stingy about what qualifies as a GE as long as it fits the description. If thats the case, I should have at least 6 completed by the end of the spring semester, along with the math, writing, and diversity requirement.

@silvermansachs i think the essays are pretty important because the counselors like to see your intentions, why you want to transfer, and if you'd be a good fit at USC... I could be wrong but thats the vibe I was getting from my USC counselor.
    @silvermansachs yes exactly basically get the best grades you can in the GEs oh and also she did point out the fact that for perspective Marshall students need to as a requirement finish English 1C and a calculus class. Since I'm taking business calc over the spring, she told me Usc would need to see my final grade in the class. So I'm assuming they'll be asking me for spring grades. So guys who are in business complete those two essential classes and hit the GEs straight on!!
    @Division1to100 because we all want to get into USC !! And be the 28% percent that get into a school with the largest networking opportunities in LA!
  • ac5751ac5751 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    i currently go to nyu and i have a 3.2 gpa and i want to transfer to usc as a junior in the fall of 2017. I want to get into the viterbi school of engineering for computer science. Is it generally easy to get into USC for computer science or would I need a better gpa.
    @ac5751 I wouldn't say any of their schools are generally "easy" to get into, I would definitely try to bring the GPA up to at least a 3.4 if I were you... A large part of getting has accepted also has to do with taking the right courses, so I would use USC's articulation agreement with NYU to find courses.
    @ac5751 https://camel2.usc.edu/articagrmt/artic_hist_range.aspx that's the link for the articulation history
  • travisscott90210travisscott90210 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi guys!

I'm going to be applying to the Dornslife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, as a sophomore in the fall of 2017, possibly as a Psychology major.

I completed 12 transferrable units this summer, in 3 courses of GEs, and I plan on taking 4 courses (statistics, the writing requirement, and 2 GEs) in this upcoming fall quarter, which are worth 18 transferrable units. The major prerequisites for Psychology are Statistics, which I am taking, and Intro to Psych, which I can waive because of my score in AP Psychology. Does this mean that by the time I apply in February, I will have 30 units finished, and USC will not consider my high school grades? I scored fairly well on the SAT I (score of 2270), so I think I will send that score in.

Also, I will have to take the majority of my courses online for the fall quarter, due to my grandparents' conditions which require me to stay home. Is that something that will be looked down upon by the USC admissions officers?