Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Who accepts ITT credits?

GooglemasterGooglemaster Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited August 2013 in Transfer Students
So anyways I went to ITT Tech for 9 months, it's not bad, learned quite a bit, but it was too easy for me, and I decided to drop out before I get into $40k debt, instead I'm only in about $10k-$12k now. Anyways, the local community college won't accept credits, Univesity of Missouri at St. Louis said they accept limited transfer of ITT credits. So how will I find a school that accepts ITT credits and is cheaper? I was going for Associate's in Multimedia, which is basically graphic design, animation, 3d modelling, flash, etc... Should I just find other schools accredited by ACICS, or what? I really don't want to go to community college for associate's and then transfer to University of Missouri. I mean I would like to do that, but not if my 36 credits from ITT would be useless.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks
Post edited by Googlemaster on

Replies to: Who accepts ITT credits?

• matt84matt84 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Indiana Wesleyan University has an articulation agreement with ITT and will accept up to 62 of their college credits. They were ranked as one of the best values in the Midwest by US News and World Report in 2010 so I think you will find their tuition very competitive. They offer online degree as well as classes at quite a few satellite campuses. I wouldn't recommend going to another ACICS accredited college because this will make your situation more difficult if you decide to go on to grad school. Good luck!
  • roy514roy514 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I realize this is an ancient thread but I'm in a similar situation and hoping someone can help. What other regionally accredited universities have you found that will take ITT Tech credits? In particular, schools that offer online degrees.

I'm looking at some online schools such as Western Governors University, Thomas Edison State College or Charter Oak state college.

Thanks.
  • entomomentomom Posts: 23,216Super Moderator Senior Member
    Please use old threads for information only, do not post and revive them.

Use the New Thread button to ask your question.
This discussion has been closed.