Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transfer Acceptance rate to University of Florida?

cdecrosta03cdecrosta03 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited July 2008 in Transfer Students
Does anyone know the acceptance rate of someone trying to transfer to the University of Florida after 2 years of college from another state school (UCF)?

Also does it matter which college you are transferring to and if so which is the easiest to transfer into?

Lastly what are they looking for? GPA, etc

Thank you in advance for your responses!
Post edited by cdecrosta03 on

Replies to: Transfer Acceptance rate to University of Florida?

• BourneBourne Posts: 982Registered User Member
    State universities usually require GPA benchmarks for intra-state transfers. Standardized scores aren't really considered.

Does your school have a transfer agreement with UF?
  • hermannshermanns Posts: 585Registered User Member
    Percentage this year was about 38% because the cut 1/3 of transfer due to budget cuts which made it lower than in the past. Expect it to stay this way in the future.

They probably accept the most transfers from santa fe college (where I go) also in gainesville, and GPA is the most important factor. Yes the college you are transferring to matters a lot. From what I hear the college of education or whatever it is called is pretty easy because not many people want to do that, and business is the most competitive.

I was accepted into the business school for fall with a 3.93, but decided I didn't want to attend and will now be trying to transfer elsewhere in the spring (Cornell hopefully).
  • cdecrosta03cdecrosta03 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Thanks for all the responses! So If i were to transfer into the College of Education could i then switch my major once I am accepted? And Do you happen to know if it is a big difference between applying to the college of business and education or just a little difference?