Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU Transfer Competitve GPA

rgregorgrego Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2010 in Transfer Students
I am looking to transfer to NYU from a CC and is wondering what is considered a competitive GPA to NYU

I have 3.5 right now and just over 54 units already completed
Post edited by rgrego on

Replies to: NYU Transfer Competitve GPA

• missamericanpiemissamericanpie Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    Without knowing anything else:

Steinhardt: around a 3.5
    Stern: 3.7+
    Tisch: I would say around a 3.5 as well, but your portfolio/audition will weight A LOT.
    Gallatin: anything above a 3.3 IF you have a great essay, unique concentration and good reasons for transferring to Gallatin. Gallatin is the most transfer friendly college at NYU.
    CAS: 3.5+ especially if you're going into popular CAS majors such as Economics or Math.

NYU transfer of '08.
  • HRF112HRF112 Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
    can someone get into stern with a 4.0 from a CC with weak high school/sat record?

i think it is too hard to just name GPA's, but what she said seemed reasonable
  • missamericanpiemissamericanpie Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    the OP asked for 'competitive', so they're all ballpark GPAs.

Stern is SO hard to 'chance' for just because admissions are so competitive, more competitive than any other NYU college.
  • rgregorgrego Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
    Well i guess I should clarify exactly what i am applying for:

i am going to apply for international studies, So how competitive is that?
  • BootWakkaBootWakka Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    I would like to add my own question:

How much more difficult is it to get in for Spring than Fall? Especially if you are just shy of a years worth of credits after a years worth of classes.

Thanks.
  • lost!studentlost!student Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    rgrego, do you mean International -Relations-? If so, that's an honors major and it does not accept direct transfers, usually. In most cases you'd be admitted to political science, economics, history, etc. depending on your concentration, and once you are a student in CAS you could transfer to IR. As an honors major, it is pretty competitive.