Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances?

boomboomzboomboomz Posts: 17Registered User New Member
edited February 2012 in Tufts University
Hi, i was wondering what my chances were of getting in to Tufts. I'm thinking about going into medicine or a medical field. I am completely in love with the school, campus, and selection of majors/classes, but I am really discouraged because I have a very low GPA (3.4 unweighted)
Currently as a junior i have taken all honors/aps possible for my school(AP US history and AP Humanities)
and Senior year I will take: AP Bio, AP Psychology, AP Lit, AP Chem, and AP Calc w. all other honors
My extra curriculars are:
-Allstate band 4 years so far, ranked 11 in state for clarinet
-Piano (played since I was 6, did a Virtuoso club for 3 years, and I volunteer every spring/winter/summer break at a shelter to play for the elderly)
-After School Band/Orchestra program
-Varsity Field hockey 3 yrs
-Varsity Outdoor track 3 years (coaches award)
-currently ranked 14th in long jump and 16th in triple jump
-National Honor Society member
-Volunteered at a pharmacy lab for 3 years
-Attended the Annual International Society of Toxicology conference to present 2 projects of data(2011)
-Will attend the 2012 conference as well ^
-Attended the 2011 Regional Society of Toxicology conference to present
-Volunteered at a hospital for 2 years
-Class historian for 3 years
-Volunteering in tutoring program at school
-Medical volunteering program at school
-Writing a newspaper article column series published in Asia
-SAT Score 2260

If anyone could give me advice or any helpful suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by boomboomz on

Replies to: Chances?