I sent my SCEA app in August 18 and it has been showing complete since Gibson went live. I am still yet to hear any kind of decision. I am definitely starting to get nervous...I feel a meltdown coming on. Tulane has been my first choice for so long, I can't imagine not going there in the fall. But I know we all end up where we're supposed to. I just have has thought and hoped I'd be at Tulane. Still praying for good news though.
callie - Your stats are strong, so I see no reason you should not have heard yet. I would call or write your personal admissions counselor and ask if they have everything they need or if there are any questions you can answer for them because you are very interested in Tulane. That should prompt a review.
You are obviously applying to and interested in some top schools. Just out of curiosity, where does Tulane fall in your pecking order? What is going to drive your decision in the end?
Cheer - same for you, I would e-mail your counselor. Not to say "Hey, what's taking so long??" but just to check and make sure everything is on track. Communication is always a good thing as long as it isn't overdone. The only difference in your case, Cheer, is that your SAT is on the low side for Tulane. Not to add to your stress or anything, but that is just a fact, if I read your previous posts correctly. So they may be deferring a decision for you either towards the end of the EA cycle or possibly even into the RD pool. Hard to tell. Sorry, I know that will make you stress even more but I know you want honest opinions.
Last edited by fallenchemist; 11-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Thanks fallenchemist, I'll be sure to do so! I am really interested in Tulane, as it fits my major criteria (more than 2500 students and in or near a big city) and just seems like a great school. It is in my top 5, but it would drop down several spots if I didn't receive substantial merit aid. My top four are UCLA, Columbia, Northwestern and Pomona, with UCLA being the clear favorite. I have visited all of my schools except Tulane (I'm waiting to see if I'm accepted) so I would of course visit before making any decisions. As of now, however, I'll probably go to UCLA if I get in, but there's a lot of time between now and May 1st for me to change my mind!
Vitrac, Thanks for your message. I tried to PM you back but I don't have enough posts. ( Weird that it won't let you respond to a private message.) It's reassuring that you and FC agree. I feel so much better thanks to both of you.
Thanks for the advice fallenchemist. I appreciate your honesty. I do understand my SAT is low. But I hoped that my strong essays, writing portfolio, sports recruitment, work in NOLA and interest would be enough to just tip me over the edge. I also just sent in my quarter grades, and I know my rep got them.
Whatever happens I suppose. I am on pins and needles however and if I am not admitted, I'd like to begin making other plans. In all honesty I'm beginning to not have a good feeling about it. So perhaps I will begin to look elsewhere(without giving up all hope though of course) while I am awaiting my decision.
You should definitely have a back-up plan, no matter what your stats. Admissions can be a very strange game sometimes. If you want to chat privately about other choices, I would be glad to offer some suggestions. Whatever is good for you.
My DD saw her acceptance on Gibson 11/1. On 11/2 the screen was blank. Om 11/3 it said her application was incomplete and now today it says her application is complete and being reviewed. Thank goodness she took a screen shot of the acceptance in case it was in error. will be glad when we get acceptance in mail but you would think Tulane would have better technology especially with so many applications.
I am also disappointed there are these glitches. It seems ridiculous. It also appears that it happens when they update the accounts with new info, but in that case they should just have a screen that says "Please check back later, the system is being updated". Way too confusing this way.
Bowler. I was rooting for you too! Congrats! Still waiting for our letter. Very anxious to see about merit $$. DS stats are not quite as high as those getting the big $$ but close. I'm not sure what to expect.