Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Fall 2013 Decisions Thread

pushydadpushydad Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2013 in Tulane University
Congrats to all that have been accepted so far and good luck to those waiting to hear. In a attempt to consolidate info, it would be great if you could post the decision that you received here with some relevant stats:
Accepted/Denied/Deferred:
Date applied:
RD/EA/SCEA:
GPA UW/W:
SAT:
ACT:
Hook if any:
Post edited by pushydad on

Replies to: Fall 2013 Decisions Thread

• jozukojozuko Posts: 415Registered User Member
    Accepted!
    EA
    4.24W
    SAT 2030, 700CR, 700CW, 630M
    Editor of School Literary Magazine, owns/operates a DJ business, active in Technology Student Association, various other EC and volunteer activities.
  • BMEPREMEDgirlBMEPREMEDgirl Posts: 135Registered User Junior Member
    thanks for doing this thread. im just posting so i can get email updates
  • jozukojozuko Posts: 415Registered User Member
    just got our letter...$20,00 Academic Achievement Award!! So excited!
    @juzuko what were your stats?
  • fallenchemistfallenchemist Posts: 13,487Super Moderator Senior Member
    oops, didn't see that it was the same person. my bad.
  • allisontenallisonten Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    Daughter Accepted
    GPA 5.0 W/ 5.7 UW
    34 ACT
    Varsity Track (3yrs) - State finalist, Varsity Poms/Dance, Pres. Peer Buddies (special needs mentor), Young Life Leader, Peer Leadership, NHS, Spanish NHS, other volunteer activities.
  • BowlerBowler Posts: 229Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted
    Applied mid-October
    EA
    4.0 UW/4.4 W
    30 ACT
    Not sure about a hook.. maybe the math program I did over the summer/wrote my personal statement about, also varsity athelete for 3, going on 4 years.
  • rw2013rw2013 Posts: 146Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted. Offered $27,000 per year Presidential Scholarship and invitation to Honors Program.

Applied EA in mid-October, found out October 29.
    4.0 UW, about a 4.56 weighted (total of 11 AP classes and 14 honors classes)
    33 ACT (35 W, 34 R, 29 M, 35 S, 10 essay)
    I'm involved in a number of activities. I coach cheerleading, have a leadership position in NHS, and do a lot of community service. I've worked part-time since my freshman year and have been heavily involved in Science Club and various science competitions. Nothing major, but I had a lot of fun with everything I did!
    I've never visited campus, but have pretty much stalked it online (haha, I admit it). I wrote a Why Tulane essay that, admittedly, I think was very strong, especially for someone who's never been to the campus. My personal statement was about my job and everything that I've learned from it. Cliche topic, but I think it was rather humorous and I loved it. I emailed my admissions counselor several times back and forth over the summer and into fall, and I really think that helped me once I applied. I initially applied under SCEA but had to switch my app to EA, and I was really worried that would ruin my chances, but clearly it did not! If anyone is ever in that boat in the future: don't worry. It's not nearly as big of a deal as you think.

I'm not really sure what they saw in me, but I'm so glad it worked out this way! There's a very good chance I will be in NOLA this time next year :)
  • BowlerBowler Posts: 229Registered User Junior Member
    I haven't received my letter yet. I should get it in the next few days so we'll see!
  • tbo1123tbo1123 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted with $27,000/year Presidential Scholarship and Honors Program invite. Yay!
    EA applied mid October, heard back Nov 6.
    GPA 4.04W
    ACT 34
    No major hooks, really, just decent ECs and nice essays.

Congrats to everyone!! I hope to see some of you at Honors Weekend in April or even next Fall on campus!
  • VitracVitrac Posts: 1,503Registered User Senior Member
    tbo1123--congratulations! woohooooooo!!!!!
  • callie101callie101 Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted Early Action!
    Applied late September, application complete mid-October
    3.5 UW/4.2 W
    2260 SAT
    Hook: Bilingual IB Diploma

Excited to get my letter!
  • kreativekatkreativekat Posts: 427Registered User Member
    CONGRATULATIONS CALLIE!!!! I know you have been waiting for what seemed like an eternity to you! I am very happy for you!