Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

CCCs with relatively easy English/Humanity courses

1jupiter99tang21jupiter99tang2 Posts: 303Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2011 in UC Transfers
I am really bad at literature/English, however I am very strong at Math/Science,in order to get a high GPA(like 3.5ish) are there any CCCS that match me?
Post edited by 1jupiter99tang2 on

Replies to: CCCs with relatively easy English/Humanity courses

• TheKevinHortonTheKevinHorton Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Every community college has a good amount of easy English/Hum classes. It's community college. Use ratemyprofessors.com to avoid the 1/20 that are hard.
  • feedayeenfeedayeen Posts: 197Registered User Junior Member
    Humanity classes are just about memorizing quotes or simple ideas for a few hours... don't worry about them. As for English, look for a teacher who allows you to take many liberties with essay prompts.

Example, I managed to write essays about the history of the Dot-Com Bubble, a cost-benefit analysis on the human dependence on technology, a history of astronomical theory, and information processing theory. Our prompts had been relating to a social conservative who wrote about California's hippies, I so consider my essays a success.
  • angryengineerangryengineer Posts: 80- Junior Member
    ^ how modest of you to consider your own papers a success
  • feedayeenfeedayeen Posts: 197Registered User Junior Member
    ^ Nope, I don't consider the paper's a success in terms of them being publishable, I consider them a success in terms of me getting A's and being mildly interested in the topics despite their intended prompts being related to things like the Donor Party and government paranoia.
  • poserbruinposerbruin Posts: 349Registered User Member
    Most CC's have Writing Tutoring Labs where you they'll have English professors who'll help you with your papers for free. See if your school's English dept has one.