Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Last available UCSD TAG ends Fall 2014

KiseiTeMPKiseiTeMP Posts: 14Registered User New Member
edited April 2012 in UC Transfers
I obtained the info from one of my advisers, and it seems like UCSD continues to offer TAG for both Fall 2013 and 2014. I'm sorry if it's old news.

Here's the link: http://admissions.ucsd.edu/TagBrochure.pdf
Post edited by KiseiTeMP on

Replies to: Last available UCSD TAG ends Fall 2014

• dilapidatedminddilapidatedmind Posts: 808Registered User Member
    Interesting that there's no mention of a GPA requirement on the form. Perhaps that's because they're uncertain if they'll once again raise the necessary GPA for TAG eligibility? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 3.6-3.7 with the recent rise in popularity of UCSD and how high they've climbed in many academic rankings.
  • KiseiTeMPKiseiTeMP Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    It's on the first page. They didn't raise the minimum GPA requirement somehow.

GPA requirements:
    • achieve cumulative 3.5 minimum UC GPA
    by the end of Fall 2012
    • maintain your 3.5 GPA through spring
  • RUFFLZRUFFLZ Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
    when they say they want 30 semester units done at a ccc, do they mean in progress? or do they mean 30 units need to be fulfilled before the TAG is submitted?
  • lawlkinglawlking Posts: 1,418Registered User Senior Member
    ^^they want 30 uc-transferable units from cc only before you apply for their tag
  • originalvcastoriginalvcast Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    I did TAG to UCSD with a 3.44 GPA with Anthro.
    My friend who goes to the same community college as I do and applied the same day I did, already found out yesterday. She TAG'd to UCSD as well with a 3.6/3.7GPA.

I still have time to get notified right?
    NERVOUASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Charger76Charger76 Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    No need to revive an old dead thread from two years ago.

You needed a 3.5 by the end of fall 2013, if you did not achieve this, your TAG is void...
  • Matt4200Matt4200 Posts: 1,061Registered User Senior Member
    @Charger76 - He/She is just probably really anxious and nervous, yeah they could've posted on a more recent thread but they didn't and either way their TAG is void (a counselor should have spotted that) but they still might have a shot at UCSD with their GPA so @originalvcast please stick to threads from at least late 2013 til now and good luck on getting in!
  • smltk1505hsmltk1505h Posts: 398Registered User Member
    Do some people really think that the original poster of a thread that is years old going are actually going to see this and reply? I don't understand.
  • Matt4200Matt4200 Posts: 1,061Registered User Senior Member
    @smltk1505h - No the person who revived it just saw a thread I'm guessing that was related to their question and used it to ask a question they were asking recent posters.

But this thread was and should be dead he/she got their answer and that's it