Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Dead body found next to Dorm of UCSB

Replies to: Dead body found next to Dorm of UCSB

• stephen91stephen91 Posts: 142Registered User Junior Member
    Thats comforting for new UCSB admits..

Hopefully Shawn and Gus will solve this soon.
  • Hayward1991Hayward1991 Posts: 301Registered User Member
    That's what happens when you go to UCSB and party too much. You end up dead by a dorm.
  • DooplizzDooplizz Posts: 25Registered User New Member
    Wow thats nuts! I doubt it was a student though. If the body is decomposed enough to the point where it's hard to even determine the gender, then I'm sure it's been there for a good amount of time. A student most likely would have been reported missing. I am guessing it might have been a homeless person or someone else that probably doesn't attend SB
  • northbeachnorthbeach Posts: 863Registered User Member
    haha. well, there have been a number of murders at harvard. but it does not reflect on the curriculum. this is a silly post. i hope it does not freak out students. UCSB is a fantastic school.
  • Edreed20Edreed20 Posts: 108Registered User Junior Member
    Maybe Dr Brennan and Boothe Will come check it out.
  • AllFieldsAreReqAllFieldsAreReq Posts: 274Registered User Junior Member
    What the heck?? I go here and I didn't know about this. I used to live there...
  • swagandtagswagandtag Posts: 167Registered User Junior Member
    Stephen91,

Yeah, let's get the psych team to investigate. (I actually think that show is filmed in Canada)
  • lawlkinglawlking Posts: 1,418Registered User Senior Member
    What happened in Santa Barbara THIS WEEK:
    1.sexual assault on Seville where a girl was held at knife point before managing to get away.
    2.bomb threat on Seville after cops came to investigate the assault, people evacuated at three in the morning and not able to return to their houses until six am.
    3.swat team on DP arrest two guys at gunpoint with assault rifles
    4.dead body found by FT

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3q9jpRRs81qew1kc.gif

Santa Barbara you so cray
  • northbeachnorthbeach Posts: 863Registered User Member
    lawlking
    why are you spending so much energy trashing UCSB? you are obsessing on a school you obviously do not like. while there was a suicide at UCB this week (tuesday) in one of the dorms, and murders at Harvard in the past. so what is your point? this thread is so negative and UCSB is a great school---santa barbara is also a great town. if you have a personal vendetta then you should consider taking it someplace else because quite frankly your posts are trashy and sensational.
  • stephen91stephen91 Posts: 142Registered User Junior Member
    ^
    I don't think he's trashing UCSB. He most likely saw the news regarding the dead body online and decided to post it here, seeing how this forum is regarding UC transfers.. Nothing wrong with that. Sensational? His thread title is the same as the news article he linked to. Trashy? what?

Your angst is unfounded and misdirected and you should really think before you post again.
  • lawlkinglawlking Posts: 1,418Registered User Senior Member
    ^^@Northbeach. Woah, calm down. Talking about jumping the gun and jumping to conclusions.

I SIR'd to UCSB and planned on going there.
    I like to inform my fellow posters who are attending SB with stuff that is going on--and I strongly believed they should be aware of things going on. I prefer to know and be involved with events that is occurring at my future school.

I could care less about Berkeley and Harvard because I am not attending there, but you can do it if you want.
  • EggyHamEggyHam Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
    Honestly this really scares me. I've always had the fear of getting kidnapped and murdered while I bike my way home AT NIGHT by myself lol