Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Will this ruin my computer science TAG to UCI?

pandahxpandahx Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in UC Transfers
Hello everyone.

My school released the schedule of Spring 2013 courses today.

The problem is that the only "Engineering Physics 1" course conflicts with both my Computer Science Data Structures and Computer Science Object Oriented C++ courses.

I tagged UCI for computer science and they do not require the Physics course for transfer, however I am worried because I will have to change the information I provided when I submitted the TAG.

What should I do? Is trying to taking the course at another community college my only option? Should I include this in my personal statement? I don't want this to ruin my TAG.

Please help and thank you for reading!
Post edited by pandahx on

Replies to: Will this ruin my computer science TAG to UCI?

• HopingToXferHopingToXfer Posts: 678Registered User Member
    always happens. as long as you meet the minimum requirements, you should be fine
  • dilapidatedminddilapidatedmind Posts: 808Registered User Member
    Admission officers already kind of expect that an applicant's spring schedule can be flexible and can depend on a plethora of variables. Changing your courses for spring/winter after you submitted TAG shouldn't have any penalty as long as the change doesn't prevent you from meeting the TAG requirements.

It was a while ago, but I'm fairly certain that I changed my spring schedule dramatically between the TAG app and the final winter update. I think I listed something like 4-5 classes for spring and I ended up taking two, none of the ones I dropped being need TAG, and I was still admitted to UCSD. Granted though, my major was impacted so I don't think I was admitted based on TAG; however, I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't have any affect on your admission decision. Call the admission office of the UC you TAGed for clarification though.
  • AskMsSunAskMsSun Posts: 1,767- Senior Member
    UCI doesn't even look at the TAG until February; as long as your Transfer Academic Update from January accurately reflects your Fall grades and Spring planned courses, UCI will use that information to determine your TAG status.