Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Personal Statement

Ramfan661Ramfan661 Posts: 216Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in UC Transfers
I'm applying as an Econ major and a Poli Sci major to several different UCs. The prompt that's giving me a hard time is answering what ECs have I done that relate to my major? Well I have no ECs :/..and the other one is why did I pick my major..how do Inanswer this, if I'm applying with 2-3 different majors??
Post edited by Ramfan661 on

Replies to: Personal Statement

• HopingToXferHopingToXfer Posts: 678Registered User Member
    Well, I wrote about something broad, example) people who apply to applied mathematics, applied sciences mathematics, mathematics, etc. I would just list in general, mathematics on the essay. Not sure if it makes a big difference but it seems to be universal for all the colleges.

edit: I'm not sure how you would relate poli sci and econ..

edit2: for some schools, the personal statement is not a very important factor. so you can focus your statements on schools such as UCB, UCLA, UCM, and UCI? I think those would be the only schools that really consider your essay... I heard other schools only use it if you are a borderline candidate.
  • Ramfan661Ramfan661 Posts: 216Registered User Junior Member
    I'm applying to UCB: Political Economy UCSD: Poli Sci UCSB: Econ..and UCI: Criminology. Thanks for the helpful man.