Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Mention iTunes U courses in Additional comments?

XianForceXianForce Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in UC Transfers
Over the past few years, I've taken a few courses through iTunes U. None of this is really verifiable in anyway, so I was curious as to whether I should mention this on the application like that?
Post edited by XianForce on

Replies to: Mention iTunes U courses in Additional comments?

• wanago2collegewanago2college Posts: 386Registered User Member
    Seems pointless. But it depends on how you spin it. Listing it, well, I don't see the point. But if you talk about how much you learned, how passionate you are about the courses, etc, then it could be worthwhile.
  • XianForceXianForce Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Well, I mention one of the courses that I take in a personal statement. But I just feel that listing them in the additional comments section, as well as expanding on the experience in my personal statement will give it some weight. If I just talk about that first single course that I took in my personal statement. It might look like I went through it, lost steam, and quit on it. I feel like putting those in the additional comments section might really show how I continued with it and persevered.
  • Shannon13Shannon13 Posts: 553Registered User Member
    those are not real classes. it's fine to talk about how you study your subject beyond assigned hw in your personal statement, but it would look really silly if you listed them in the additional comments.