Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

CCC 5 Credit Classes?

aaaa993aaaa993 Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in UC Transfers
The language classes at the CCC near me are worth 5 credits + a 0.25 credit lab. Do these classes transfer as 5.25 credits? Are they counted as 5.25 credits on the UC application? Or are they just counted as 3 or 4 credits? I just want to make sure because I need to take at least 14 credits next semester and 5 credits seems like a lot for one class.
Post edited by aaaa993 on

Replies to: CCC 5 Credit Classes?

• larinagalarinaga Posts: 556Registered User Member
    I'm guessing it's 5.25 units. I took Spanish classes at LACC and they were also 5 units. You have to get an A in those classes though because the unit weight of the class will bring down your GPA if you don't.
  • aaaa993aaaa993 Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply. Good to hear that they count as 5 units. Great point about the GPA, I hadn't thought about that.
  • aaaa993aaaa993 Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
    I haven't taken a foreign language class yet but I know the UCs require knowledge of a foreign language in order to graduate. I'm thinking about taking Spanish next semester but I'm wondering if that will hurt my chances? Since it will make it known that I did not complete the foreign language requirement before applying.
  • UCBhopeful16UCBhopeful16 Posts: 361Registered User Member
    That's what I was thinking of doing and just taking the class as P/NP.