Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What happens if you don't meet the TAG GPA requirement?

getacloo2getacloo2 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited December 2012 in UC Transfers
So I applied for TAG for UCSD. I need to have a 3.5 by the end of fall, and there is now a chance I won't have that GPA. If I get disqualified from TAG, will I still be given a chance to be admitted to that school?
Post edited by getacloo2 on

Replies to: What happens if you don't meet the TAG GPA requirement?

• xt0ny1xt0ny1 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    TAG is not required for admissions. You can still apply like a normal transfer applicant.
    TAG can only help you, it can't hurt you.
  • getacloo2getacloo2 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    So lets say I end up with a 3.49, I'll get disqualified from TAG, but I'll still be given a chance at admittance, correct?
  • failure622failure622 Posts: 920Registered User Member
    Yes, you'll still have a chance.
  • getacloo2getacloo2 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Thank you! Furthermore, anyone know what the average GPA of a UCSD student transfer is?
  • DiscosteveDiscosteve Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    Depends on major I think. I'm pretty sure you're accepted into your major and not department at UCSD. But generally speaking, I'd say UCSD's average GPA accepted is somewhere around 3.5-3.7. That's complete speculation though.
  • emprexemprex Posts: 721Registered User Member
    I think it's the other way around. They admit you into the school, not into the major.

Undergraduate Admissions, Policies and Procedures
    the campus does not admit students on the basis of academic major or choice of UC San Diego undergraduate college.

under transfer applicants
  • DiscosteveDiscosteve Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    Ahh okay. They said the median GPA was at least a 3.5 or I was at least somewhat right. =p
    Thanks for correcting me!
  • emprexemprex Posts: 721Registered User Member
    Yeah you're right =)