Some assistance, please.
Okay, I did really bad my first year of UCSC and ended up dropping out, I'm currently at a community college(SJCC) right now, and I kinda have a few questions because I'm looking to transfer to UCD..
1. Will my GPA at UCSC be calculated into my CC gpa now? when I apply to transfer, how will UCD calculate my GPA? my old GPA was 1.8 (-0-ll) GPA at the end of this Quarter would be like 3.0.
2. I got a D, if I take a class or equivalent of it, will it replace the grade AND add more credits? or just replace the grade? Can someone explain this academic renewal/forgiveness business?
3. I know for the TAG agreement thing, you have to have under 80semester units/90 quarter.
So at UCSC, i took 27 quarter units, for Summer school at FCC (different city college), I took 7 semester units = 10.5 quarter, and fall semester at SJCC I took 14 semester units = 12 quarter. Adding all that up, I have 49.5 quarter units. The thing I'm wondering about is that I took a lot of AP classes in high school and I got a total of 32 quarter units from there. I'm using the AP credits to fulfill the IGETC. Question is, is the AP credits transfered into the total units you have? Like, I don't have 49.5 quarter units, but I have 49.5+32=81.5 units?? If that's the case, do I have no chance into UCD with the TAG agreement?
4. When applying, would I have to send transcripts from UCSC, FCC, and SJCC? Does it look bad to have gone to so many schools? I think I will be at a CC for another year before I am able to transfer.
5. when you're applying, will the school be looking at your current GPA or your prospective one at the end of the semester?
If it matters, I'm looking to transfer in as a Biology B.S. Major and Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior Minor
Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by ponyo; 03-06-2009 at 09:15 PM.