Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Conditions of Admission for Cal

vansvans Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited June 2009 in UC Transfers
I'm a community college student who was just recently accepted to UC Berkeley on appeal. My conditions of admission to Berkeley include the (apparently standard) line item:

You must complete all UC-transferable courses in Winter and/or Spring 2009 terms with a 3.0 or higher GPA and no grade lower than a C.

Well, I've done that, but my grades for the spring semester were significantly lower than usual. Before this last semester I had straight A's with the exception of a single B; my spring semester grades were an A, a B and a C+, all in 5 unit classes for a GPA of 3.1 for that semester. My cumulative transfer GPA before spring was 3.93, and afterword it would be closer to 3.8. I wasn't slacking off or anything. I had some significant family problems that took a large toll on me.

Technically, I know that I've met the wording of the requirement, but could I still be in trouble here? I'm already ashamed enough at how it looks on paper, but if those grades were to seriously affect my life I'd be devastated.

BTW, I'm a first-time poster and I have to say thanks to the CC community, because your posts have been very useful resources in the past!
Post edited by vans on

Replies to: Conditions of Admission for Cal