Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCSD FAFSA School Code??

Pengwin06Pengwin06 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
edited February 2010 in UC Transfers
I'm a bit worried and confused right now. For my FAFSA 2009-2010, I searched for and entered UCSD's school code: 010395. But on the My TritonLink UCSD page, under the financial aid section it says it has not been received. Then says, make sure the school code: 001317 is entered. 001317 wasn't in the FAFSA listing though, does anyone else know what this is all about?
Post edited by Pengwin06 on

Replies to: UCSD FAFSA School Code??

• t33kkkt33kkk Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    010395 is for "university of san diego" and 001317 is for UCSD. doh
  • Pengwin06Pengwin06 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    Aren't they the same thing?

Here are the only results that were listed. I mean, I don't see 001317 out of any of the colleges listed in the city of San Diego. They aren't the same thing?

Here are the ones with keyword 'university' under city: San Diego.

ALLIANT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
    10455 POMERADO ROAD
    SAN DIEGO
    Federal School Code:011117

POINT LOMA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY
    3900 LOMALAND DR
    SAN DIEGO
    Federal School Code:001262

SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
    5500 CAMPANILE DRIVE
    SAN DIEGO
    Federal School Code:001151

UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO
    5998 ALCALA PARK
    SAN DIEGO
    Federal School Code:010395

UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO - SCHOOL OF
    5998 ALCALA PARK
    SAN DIEGO
    Federal School Code:G06976
  • conn1ex3conn1ex3 Posts: 383Registered User Member
    no, university of san diego and university of CALIFORNIA, San diego are differnet schools.
    You're right.. so apparently it isn't listed under San Diego city, it's listed under La Jolla. :\

Is this salvageable somehow?
  • conn1ex3conn1ex3 Posts: 383Registered User Member
    yeah ucsd is in la jolla. im not sure, perhaps you should call ucsd or ask your school?
    i think its already too late though, its june already- wayyy passed fafsa correction date, but ask anyways. you never know.

good luck!
    So you think it's no good?

It seems so deceiving that there's another school called University of San Diego.

Wait so are you sure about this? This page seems to say something different but it's yahoo questions..
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090607114617AASg8lD

Just to add more from the UCSD site:
    http://www.ucsd.edu/current-students/finances/financial-aid/applying/fafsa.html

Need to correct information on your FAFSA application

Make corrections to your FAFSA immediately. Common changes include:

* Adding UCSD's school code (001317) to your FAFSA
    * Changing any estimated figures after you or your parents file your federal income tax returns"

Make corrections on the Web, even if you filed a paper FAFSA.
  • t33kkkt33kkk Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    Go to the FAFSA website and add UCSDs code to your application.

I don't think there's any fafsa correction deadline. You have to finish it before you start school or else you'll just simply prolong the time it takes for you to get any money. Oh, and you don't get priority funding.
  • feihtkradfeihtkrad Posts: 167Registered User Junior Member
    Haha I realized I put in the wrong school code after I got accepted and checked the financial aid page (March 14 ish) It took a few days for financial page to update after I made the correction

The 2009-2010 School Year (July 1st, 2009 - June 30th, 2010):

* FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight time, June 30, 2010.
    * Corrections on the Web forms must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight time, September 15, 2010.
  • sanjulikosanjuliko Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Hi, guys! I'm a 2010-2011 applicant. submitted my fafsa last month on 1/31 already but i can't find if ucsd received it or not. i figured since you guys have exp i'd ask you guys. is this supposed to happen? like they only show you once youre admitted?